Friday, April 10, 2020

All Occasion Card | Waffle Flower - Rainbow Panel Die - Alphabet Challenge 10th Anniversary!


Hello!

I think we could all use some sunshine and rainbows right now and I hope that this colorful card fits the bill! I am thrilled to announce that I will be a Guest Designer over on the Alphabet Challenge for the next few months and am so happy to join this amazing team! This great challenge is hitting a huge milestone by celebrating its 10th Anniversary at the start of the alphabet with the "A" - ANYTHING GOES Theme! This is a huge accomplishment and we hope you will submit your projects into the gallery to help us celebrate!


I used a sun-ray stencil and ink blended the background panel with Distress Oxides, spritzed it with shimmer spray and heavily spattered it with metallic watercolors; this panel was adhered to a top-folding A2 card base. The pickup truck (from an old Stampendous Set) was stamped, colored and fussy cut. Using a black marker, I lined the edge all around the image to finish it. I was very lucky and found a striped pattern paper in my stash that really looked like an abstract road! I trimmed a strip to go at the bottom of my layout and glued it into place.


I die cut the cloud/rainbow image twice on heavyweight card stock, trimmed the large cloud separately and glued/stacked them together. The sentiment was stamped using the MISTI and I die cut the rainbow from 5 different card stock colors. Since I only needed one of each color for this project, I just put all of the extras into the back of the die packaging; this way I will have them ready for the next time! I glued the skinny white rainbow frame onto the front, added the color strips in between and popped the cloud and truck into place with foam tape. I finished up the card with a colorful assortment of sequins acting as my raindrops!


Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you will join us for this special 10th Anniversary "Anything Goes Challenge" on the Alphabet Blog!

Additional Challenges:





 
Rachelle

16 comments:

  1. your bright colours and sentiment cheered me up this morning it's overcast her in the north east of Scotland a brilliant card

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesomely clever design! And you're right, we could all use some rainbows and sunshine...especially when they look this fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome Rachelle, love the bright colours.
    Keep safe.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and colorful card Rachelle! I love how you created the rainbow!
    Take care and stay safe.
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautifully bright and cheerful card, many thanks for joining in with our 'Rainbow' theme at Stamping Sensations April challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool card, I like how the truck is kind of driving right of the edge and you really did find the perfect paper for the road it's on!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Rachelle. So bright and cheerful you have to smile. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic card with all the wonderful bright colors!! This will certainly cheer anyone up during this tough time we're all facing right now!! stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a bright fun card. love it! Thanks for joining us at #JOSTTT016 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a bright cheerful card - great cutting too - thanks for joining us at #JOSTTT016 this month

    ReplyDelete
  11. very fun card. I love the sentiment. thanks for joining us at JOSTTT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love you bright coloured rainbow card.Thank you for joining us at Colour Crazy
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a great card, it'd bring a bit of brightness to anyone's day. Thanks for joining us at #JOSTTT016

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cheerful card! Love the blended sun rays and the fussy cut cloud. Thanks for participating in the #JOSTTT016 challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete