Thursday, February 13, 2020

Valentine's Day | Hero Arts - You Are Loved




Happy Heart Day!

I'm sharing a set of Valentine's Day Cards today featuring Hello Bluebird's Gallery Frame #2 Die and Hero Arts' Stamp Set, You Are Loved, from January of 2019. I wanted to make each card just a bit unique so I emphasized the individual colors and values of this Distress Oxide palette: Worn Lipstick, Abandoned Coral, Candied Apple and Picked Raspberry. 

I lightly blended Worn Lipstick around the edges of a top-folding A2 card base. I die cut the Gallery Frame multiple times from heavy 110# card stock. The inner frame was blended with oxides, spritzed with shimmer mist and flecked with pearlized watercolors. Each frame was colored a bit differently and I focused on variations of color/values. I stenciled a sunray pattern onto the inner frame and spattered this section as well. 

I die cut the hearts using  Lawn Fawn's Stitched Heart Stackables after ink blending, The script was stamped using the MISTI with VersaFine Onyx Black Ink. The sentiment banner was die cut, lightly ink blended on the edges and stamped with the same ink. 


To assemble, I started by gluing the outer white scalloped frame into place on the card front; this gave me a guide for all of the remaining pieces. After the frame sections were adhered, I attached the heart and banner and then stamped the bottom scrolls with the Distress Oxide inks. The card was finished off with a few gems. It was fun playing with the color palette for these cards! 


Thanks so much for joining me and I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Challenge Submissions:












Rachelle 

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colours on each card love the variety of hot reds and your layout

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bold and Beautiful. and so very elegant. ♥ Great Job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Hearts’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, Rachelle, these are GORGEOUS! I love all your colors, and the spatter just adds so much texture and shine - really sweet trio of cards! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning. I wish I could get my blending to look that good. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got my DT hat on. I still think they are awesome. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely makes! Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenges and best of luck in the draw! Donna - DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  8. These Valentines are gorgeous Rachelle!! I love the different shades of reds & pinks and the layout is so beautiful with the framing of the large heart! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. VERY nicely done, Rachelle!!! Love how you used the sketch to create a palette of different gorgeous cards! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Valentines card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a wonderful card design! Great thing you have created mutiples too ;o))) Thank you so much for joining us for our "Love is all you need" challenge at the Crafty Cardmakers! Have a great week and happy crafting, Maike ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful cards, there isn't a single element I don't love! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well love is really all we need, but a handful of these darling Valentines will get you more than smiley faces, Rachelle!! I adore all the colors you've blended together for your big beautiful hearts... I'm sure these were appreciated so much!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  15. Complete gorgeousness! I love the detailed sponging work on the hearts, the careful layering and the attention to detail you've shown in all these cards. Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely lovely cards. Such amazing execution of all the the lovely details. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber! (For future reference, to be considered for top choice you may only enter up to 10 challenges including Retro Rubber.)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, gorgeous Valentine's Day cards, Rachelle! Love the mixture of colors on the hearts...so fun and cool! Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so perfect for Valentine's day - love the effect of the oxide inks too, Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful!!! Thank-you so much for participating in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge. Hope to see your beautiful creations in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! Sorry so late for commenting, but life has been a bit tough for me lately. I want to take a moment today to tell you that you are an awesome artist!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete