Monday, January 13, 2020

Birthday Card | MFT Stamps - Magical Dragons

Hey There!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I would like to share this delightful dragon makin' an impromptu birthday appearance! This MFT stamp set, Birdie Brown's Magical Dragons, has been on my wish list for about 3 years and I finally added it to my stash! 

I like to start with a quick sketch (see below) and then put all of the pieces together to see how they actually work in space! The dragon/cake were stamped, colored and die cut. A 4.25" x 4.75" of white card stock was ink blended with Shaded Lilac and Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide inks, spritzed with shimmer spray and spattered with white pearlized watercolor.

      

I lightly blended these same same inks onto a couple of puffy cloud border die cuts and set them on top of the sky panel to determine where they should be trimmed with a stitched rectangle die. Once the cloud borders were die cut, the sentiment was stamped and they were glued into place on the sky panel; this section was backed with a piece of craft foam. 


I adhered a 1.5" strip of pattern paper to the bottom of a top-folding A2 white card base and glued the cloud/sky panel to the top, overlapping the pattern paper. The dragon, cake and smoke puff were all popped into place with foam tape and the card was finished off with pearlescent gems.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:





Thanks so much for joining me and taking the time to comment!

Rachelle

7 comments:

  1. I can see why you wanted the stamp he is adorable You created a fabulous background for him the clouds and stored paper perfect finishing touches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww what a sweet card and scene Rachelle!! I love that little dragon and the awesome puffy clouds, gorgeous coloring too!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Cute and love the colourful rainbow border. Thanks for playing along with us at The Fairy and The Unicorn Challenge. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is absolutely darling! I love that little dragon too - and you've created such a wonderful little scene for him! Such a fabulous background!

    Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you sketch your cards ahead of time. I have never even thought of that. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic!!!! Love the DP and super fun sky! So happy you joined us at Seize the Birthday or I would have missed this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card

    Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

    ReplyDelete