Friday, January 10, 2020

All Occasion Card | Ellen Hutson - A Breve Note | MFT Stamps


Wake up and smell the coffee!

I was gifted a new coffee maker for Christmas and while this card doesn't explicitly say "Thank You", the inside sentiment does read: "Thanks For Keeping Us Out Of the Darkness!" I love the simple graphic design of Julie Ebersole's stamp sets and I used her "A Breve Note" set to create this card.

I stenciled the sun ray pattern onto a piece of A2-sized white card stock with Distress Oxide Inks (Squeezed Lemonade & Fossilized Amber), cut it with a stitched rectangle die and adhered it to an A2 top-folding card base. The sentiment was stamped with VersaFine Onyx Black Ink, heat embossed with clear powder and die cut with MFT's "Elegant Rectangle STAX Die-Namics".  Using the next larger die, several black rectangles were cut and glued/stacked together; the sentiment panel was glued onto the black panel.


Using VersaFine Ink, I stamped MFT's versatile plaid, "All Lined Up Background", onto red card stock, trimmed it with the same stitched rectangle die and glued it onto the bottom of the card front. I stamped the floral coffee cup, heat embossed it with clear powder, colored and die cut the image. The sentiment panel and coffee cup were both adhered into place with foam tape to give the design some dimension and the card was finished with some twine and yellow sequins. I really like the Asian feel on this card with the simple patterns and limited color palette! Sometimes you just don't know until you get it all together! : )

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:





Thanks so much for joining me today!

Rachelle

7 comments:

  1. The bright yellow rays remind me of the sun and brightened up a dull day, brilliant image sentiment and card

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card Rachelle! I love the colors and that awesome sentiment, that plaid stamp from MFT is so cool, I need to add that to my wish list for sure!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exactly how my other half feels. Coffee is his one vice. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the backgrounds you created and the sentiment is spot on :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and fabulous entry to our challenge this fortnight. LOVE your gorgeous creation. Thanks for playing along with us at the Southern Girls Challenge. Come back and play again soon. Hugs, Wends xoxo SGC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for participating in our challenge with your good job. Hello to you soon Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that saying! Great work! Thanks for participating in our January challenge at Sognando Scrap.

    ReplyDelete