Friday, November 29, 2019

Christmas Tag | Cut It Up! Challenge #188 Tic-Tac-Toe


Hello!

Today's post features a Christmas Gift Tag designed for the current Cut It Up! Challenge - Tic-Tac-Toe Board. This challenge has so many great combinations and as long as your project includes a die cut, we would love to see what you create! Thanks to our wonderful prize sponsor, Christy Witschie, from Stinkin' Cute Paper Piecings for her generosity! 

 Penguin 6 Cutting Files

I chose "Circles, Purple and Design Paper "as my game squares and started this tag by die cutting a large circle from both heavyweight white card stock and Lawn Fawn plaid paper; these two were glued together. I cut/glued together two of the largest scalloped circles from Avery Elle's Wonky Circle Framed Elle-ments Dies. This frame was glued onto the plaid circle. 

I downloaded the Penguin 6 Cutting File Set into Cricut Design Space, resized/tweaked the file and die cut all of the penguin pieces from white card stock. Each piece was hand colored with water colors and Distress Oxide Inks to give the overall image some depth. After assembly, I gave his face/tuxedo a generous coating of Wink Of Stella for some extra shine, added the small gems as buttons and applied black glaze pen to his eyes. I punched a hole through the scallop frame, tied the ribbon to the tag, glued a white pom-pom to the hat and popped the penguin into place with some foam tape to finish! This tag is quite large (nearly 4" in diameter) and would also make a great handmade ornament as well!

Thanks so much for stopping by and head over to the Cut It Up! Challenge Blog to see the other great projects the Design Team has created! 

Rachelle

9 comments:

  1. What a brilliant tag, love the colours and the sweet penguin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tag and the adorable little Christmas penguin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this tag!! I wish you lived closer to me and maybe you can show me how to use my scan n' cut. I can only cut out my images on it, don't know how to use it to its "full potential". LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super cute tag!! Love the adorable penguin!!!
    Have a great day,
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your penguin is just so cute with his sparkly tie and gems!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute holiday tag, Rachelle! I love the penguin image and your Tic Tac Toe choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww what a cute Christmas tag Rachelle, I love that sweet penguin and all the sparkle!!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute tag! The penguins is adorable and love the detail of the 3D pompom on his hat!

    ReplyDelete