Monday, June 17, 2019

Birthday Card | MFT Stamps - BB Penguins in Paradise | Color Throwdown CTD547 | Freshly Made Sketches FMS392



Happy Monday!

I was able to finish up this card, which combined the Color Throwdown Palette ctd547 (yellow, orange, hot pink, and green) and the Freshly Made Sketch FMS392 for this week! Yippee!

I stamped, colored and die cut the images from 110 lb. Neenah Solar White. I water colored and stippled the sand texture on the same card stock and set it aside to dry. I stenciled the sun rays with Distress Inks (Mustard Seed & Carved Pumpkin), spritzed the paper with water and flecked it with gold metallic watercolors. I cut both the stenciled background and sandy beach with the same stitched rectangle die and then die cut the beach again with a hillside die. 

I determined the placement of my palm tree, glued it to the sun ray panel and adhered the beach on top. I popped the beach ball into place with foam tape and glued the penguin to the panel. I watercolored several large swatches of the hot pink color onto white card stock and after it was dry, I stamped the sentiment components on each one using the MISTI and VersaFine Onyx Black Ink. After the ink dried for a couple of minutes, I die cut each one individually with the same sentiment strip die. I glued the beach scene onto the front of an A-2 top-folding card front and attached the three sentiments strips into place to finish the card.


I just love this little chubby penguin enjoying the summer sun with his inflatable!

I have also entered this little guy into the following challenges:




Thanks for stopping by!
Rachelle

14 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh, that penguin is adorable. I can't figure out if he's asking his parents if he can go in the water yet, or asking someone to play with him.

    It's a beautiful card. I love the pops of hot pink! Thanks for sharing it with us for our Cut it Up for our Welcome Summer challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is as cute as can be and you did this challenge just perfectly!! Love all the bright colors!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sherri! :) This one was fun - especially now that the weather is really HOT!
      Red xo

      Delete
  3. This is the only way I'll get into the water, Rachelle! OH he is way cuter than I am in beach attire! Just absolutely darling!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Toots! I agree with you - he's way cuter than I am, too! :)

      Delete
  4. This is just so fun! Love this guy. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card!! Love that sentiment with the image :)

    Thanks for playing along at Aud Sentiments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww this is so cute Rachelle!! I love the gorgeous summer scene you created and that penguin is adorable, love the shimmery sun rays too!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tammy - this one was really fun to make!

      Delete
  7. Brilliant fun card. Your penguin looks a little unsure about his beach setting. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn - I agree with you - not sure of he wants to go into the water or not!

      Delete