Friday, May 24, 2019

Graduation Card | MFT Stamps - You're Super

Hello!

I couldn't wait to share this card, which was created for my niece who is graduating from high school. She is SUPER...class president, first-class athlete, outstanding student, beautiful girl and most importantly, a wonderful and kind person. I can't wait to see what her future holds! She looks exactly like this wonder-gal in MFT's "BB You're Super" Stamp Set!

I started off by blending background panels - two onto pale yellow card stock and the other onto a medium purple stock. Using Wild Honey Distress Oxide Ink, I blended color heavily in the center of one yellow piece and faded out to the edge of the panel. Then I very lightly blended color onto the other yellow panel - it's so light that you can barely see the ink. I then blended in reverse on the purple panel (heavy on the outside to light in the center) using Wilted Violet Oxide Ink. Each panel was sprayed with shimmer mist, blotted with a paper towel and flecked with multiple metallic watercolors. All three ink blended panels were die cut with the radiating rays fancy die from the Hero Arts MMH Kit July 2018; one additional panel of plain purple card stock was die cut, too.

To assemble the background die cut, I popped all of the loose interior pieces out onto separate pieces of paper so that I could put the puzzle back together again! I glued the inked purple panel to the extra die cut (to give it some dimension) and then this was glued onto the front of an A-2 top-folding card base. The heavily blended yellow pieces were glued back into the five openings along the top and bottom and the lightly blended pieces filled in the middle sections on either side. The yellow pieces fit back perfectly into the negative spaces of the purple frame. Using these complimentary colors,  together with the reverse blending values, really made this background POP! (Of course a heavy spattering of gold paint doesn't hurt!) The oval centers were glued/stacked together and backed with craft foam.

Super Girl was stamped, colored and die cut; three additional die cuts were glued/stacked behind the colored image. I wanted her to have a lot of dimension popping off of the card front. The sentiment was stamped, heat embossed and die cut using heavy weight black card stock. 

The oval was glued into the center and once it was secure, I aligned/glued the sentiment on top using a small plastic t-square to keep it level and then adhered my superhero into place. I die cut a few stars from my ink blended scraps using Lawn Fawn's Shadow Box Theater Add On Die Set. These stars worked perfectly to finish up the card and I loved this mix of the regular stars and mini outlines!

She looks like she could take on the world and I wish all of our graduates good luck and happiness!


This card is entered into the following challenges:







Thanks so much for spending some time with me today!
Rachelle

20 comments:

  1. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I just love how that background came out! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherri - thanks for the kind comments! I appreciate it!
      Rachelle : ) xoxo

      Delete
  3. Had to run by to tell you how much I love all the texture you've given her 'leotard!' I'm betting this card will be cherished for years to come! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million Michele! She's a special gal :) Have a good holiday!
      Rachelle : )

      Delete
  4. I love it. It's brilliant. The purple and yellow background is lovely. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Dawn - this one was fun to put together!
      Rachelle : )

      Delete
  5. I think it's you who are unstoppable!! What a stunner! So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create. Please come back again! The best of luck with your entry. Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie - I appreciate the warm comments from the 613 folks!
      Rachelle : )

      Delete
  6. What a gorgeous graduation card Rachelle! I love that sweet image and beautiful background! I bet your niece loved her card! Also, thanks so much for joining us over at C4G!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tammy! : )
      Thank you so much - it's so much fun to create something for special person!
      Rachelle :)

      Delete
  7. Super design and such a cute image!
    Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much Ellie - your comments are appreciated!
    Rachelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute graduation card, that sunburst just makes the little image pop!
    Thanks for sharing your creation with us at 613 Avenue Create..... Good Luck!
    DT Shell
    http://avenue613.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Shell! I appreciate you stopping by :)

      Delete
  10. What a super card! Thanks for joining us at Cardz for Galz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue! Thanks for all of the great Challenges over at Cardz4Gals! :)

      Delete
  11. I love your baackground with your supergirl image. A super fun card. Thank you for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Gals. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous - love the background you created.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete