Thursday, May 23, 2019

All Occasion | Happy Ninja Day - MFT Stamps - "Ninja-Mazing"


Hi-Ya!

I recently bought MFT's retired "Ninja-Mazing" stamp set and couldn't wait to start creating! This is an "all occasion/just because" card and you'll see why when I reveal the digital sentiment I designed for the inside sentiment! ; )

The bamboo background was created with a large older (15+ years!) SU stamp, which was daubed with several distress oxide greens and stamped onto a piece of 110# Neenah Solar White card stock. I sprayed the background with shimmer spray and flecked it with gold metallic water color. I die cut 2 panels (4.25" x 5.5") of card stock (one white and one bamboo green) with MFT's Elegant Rectangle STAX Dies, creating a frame for the background panel. These frames were glued together and then to the front of an A-2 top-folding card front. 

The little ninja was stamped, colored and die cut; I applied a light touch of WOS for some shine and added a bit of detail to his eyes with a black glaze pen. Two additional die cuts were glued/stacked behind the image for dimension. The action bubble/sentiment was stamped onto heavy vellum, heat set and die cut.


I prepped pieces of deep red and black card stock with my anti-static powder tool. The pagoda was stamped with VersaMark Ink using the MISTI, embossed with Lawn Fawn's White Embossing Powder and die cut. 

To create the "Happy Ninja Day" sentiment strip, I had to cut apart a couple of stamps and re-align them in the MISTI. This is really easy to do and gives you endless sentiment combinations! Once again, this was stamped, heat embossed and die cut. 


All of the die cuts were were either glued or popped into place with foam tape and a few sequins finished off the card front. Here is the digital sentiment that I created for the inside :) I then stamped another little ninja peeking out from the corner. I LOVE ♥ how the sentiments work together on this card! 


I have entered this card in the following challenges:







Thanks for stopping by today!
Rachelle  

21 comments:

  1. Rachelle, thank you for your comments on my recent "Retirement" card. Do you live in No Calif too? We might be able to meet up someday at a stamping convention... or? You can reach me at ginny@GettyCollection.com if you want - I am a friend of Chana's so I think she will vouch for me! LOL! I LOve your sentiment on the inside of this Ninja card - OMG I literally DID laugh out loud! Good one! I also really like the speech bubble on vellum - that is a great idea and doesn't interfere with your background! I wanna steal that idea!
    ~ginny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the kind comments Ginny! I wish that I lived in your neck of the woods...I am actually in North Carolina but spend many vacations in California wine country. We tend to avoid Napa and Sonoma (too crowded) and usually fly into Sacramento and drive East - we start up your way and wind our way South through Plymouth, Sutter Creek, Fiddletown, Murphys and then come back up through Lodi. You live in a beautiful area! :) Cheers!

      Delete
  2. He's a cutie and your presentation is perfect! You are a crafting Ninja!
    BTW, if you an ginny get together that would be "crafting magic". I won't even try to imagine the beautiful things that would come out of a day you two spent crafting together. Ginny is one of my "earthbound" guardian angels!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for bringing so much positivity to my crafting world! :) We all need angels like that in our lives!
      Rachelle xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hahaha - that is just awesome. I love the little Ninja guy and the sentiment inside is fabulous. Such a clever card and perfectly put together.
    Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
    Hugz
    IKE =^..^=

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind comments...I appreciate it! :) This one was fun for me!
      Rachelle

      Delete
  4. I'm loving this little purple ninja guy and your coloring is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sherri - I chuckled when this one came together! I love it when that happens! :)
      Thanks - Red xoxo

      Delete
  5. Absolutely brilliant. I love the little pagoda stamp. Love Dawnx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Dawn - this one was fun to create!

      Delete
  6. What an adorably fun card! Thanks for linking up to the "Anything Goes" challenge over at THTSB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by to comment, Esther! :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Deanne! Thanks for the kind comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This really made me smile. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun cute card.

    Thank for joing in at IKEsWORLD Challenges
    DT Val x

    ReplyDelete

  10. Wonderful work. Thank you for joying us over on the Get Creative Challenger Blog. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree - Absolutely brilliant! Bravo!
    Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
    Expect our new challenge tomorrow with the letter "F"!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant card, so cute! Thnaks so much for sharing it at Crafty Addicts Challenge Blog! Good Luck with your entry!!
    Hugs Donna (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome card! I love it and the perfectly matched sentiments! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog. I hope you can join us again soon.
    Victoria DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute!! Love how you colored up this adorable, little ninja and the sentiment on the inside is just too fun! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete