Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Birthday Card | Hello Bluebird Stamps - Bee Happy


Hey There!

Yippee! I was so excited to win the Color Throwdown 535 and be named as "Guest Star Stamper" for this week's CTD537 Challenge! The color palette this week is beautiful (purple, yellow, green & gray) and as soon as I saw it, I had Hello Bluebird's "Bee Happy" images buzzing around my drawing table! 

 ctd537

I knew that I wanted to combine some pattern play with simple images and a die-cut window so I started with MFT's Elegant Rectangle STAX Die-namics as the shape for my scene. The bee and berry images were stamped using VersaFine Onyx Black Ink, colored, die cut and given a light application of Wink of Stella. The bee's flight trail was stamped onto heavy vellum with VersaMark Ink, heat embossed with white powder and die cut. The sentiment strip was stamped and die cut from the same vellum.  


Since the margins were fairly narrow, I die cut the window opening frame from white card stock twice and glued/stacked them together to provide some stability. I blended yellow/gold distress oxide inks onto a separate piece of white card stock and die cut it with the next smaller sized die - thus giving me a yellow framed window. I glued the white and yellow panels together and backed this frame with craft foam. I inked up one side of a Tim Holtz honey comb stencil with the same oxide inks and ran it through my die cut machine, impressing the color and pattern onto one of the negative white die cuts. I sprayed it with shimmer spray and set it aside to dry. I love this technique - you get the color and texture combination at the same time!


A 3/4" strip of gray pattern paper was adhered to the bottom of a 4.25" x 5.5" panel of 110# white card stock; the honey comb piece and foam-backed frame were glued into place as well. I popped up the berry and bee images with foam tape, placed them into the frame and adhered this entire panel onto the front of a top-folding horizontal A-2 card base. I finished it off with a few sequins from Lucy's Little Things "Honey" Sequins Mix. This mix is a gorgeous color blend of warm yellows and was a perfect match with my coloration.

"BEE" sure to head over to the Color Throwdown Blog to see the other great submissions for this week's challenge! 😉

Thanks so much for stopping by! 
Rachelle

6 comments:

  1. This is so cute. I love the little bee and the honeycomb background. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Dawn - this is one of my favorite stamp sets!

      Delete
  2. Well, this is just adorable! I don't have any bee stamps and I think I may need this one! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sherri! This really is a cute set and Hello Bluebird's pricing is excellent - their dies are about 1/2 the price of other companies and they have great stand alone dies!

      Delete
  3. Awww this is so cute Rachelle! Gorgeous window design and I love that sweet little bee!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tammy - this little guy just left left NC this morning and is bound for a very special friend in Ohio! :)

      Delete