Friday, July 27, 2018

Birthday Card | Hero Arts - MMH July 2018 Kit



Hey there!

I grew up in Midwestern farm country and believe me, the county fair was (and still is) a very BIG deal! I just LOVE the MMH’s July 2018 Kit, which captures the sweet charm of all the festivities!

To create the graduated sunset, I used an ink brayer and acrylic paint. Several short lines of acrylic paint were overlapped a bit along the edge of a piece of Neenah Solar White #110 card stock. The paint was then rolled onto the paper several times with the brayer, which blends the areas together to create the gradation. I made several backgrounds using this same color combo before cleaning the brayer and switching up the colors to a blue/purple palette.

When the panel was dry, the fair scene was stamped using VersaFine Onyx Black Ink, embossed with clear powder and then die cut. I prepped a piece of black card stock with my anti-static powder tool, embossed the sentiment with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder; the strip was then trimmed down to size. I glued a piece of white craft foam to the back of the scene panel to protect it while going through the mail.  A ¾” strip of striped paper was glued to the bottom of an A-2 white card base and the panel was adhered to the center of the card front with strong tape. I added a few gemstones and the sentiment strip to finish the card.


I used the “Happy Birthday” marquee sign from the set for the inside of the card and embossed a sentiment from MFT’s “More Essential Sentiments” to complete the greeting.



Thanks for joining me today!
Rachelle 

2 comments:

  1. I adore the silhouette of the country fair against the sunset and the orange sky. It has a nostalgic feel to it. Perfect touch of stripes across the bottom. Thanks for sharing this with us at Seize the Birthday. Good luck and hope to see you again, my friend.
    Barbara DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much! This stamp set definitely reminds me of heading to the fair when I was little! :)

    ReplyDelete