Monday, June 4, 2018

Father’s Day Card | Flying By – Lawn Fawn


Hey there!

My father-in-law was a pilot in WWII and he continued to fly small prop planes well into his 60’s. So this Father's Day Card focuses on Lawn Fawn’s paper airplane from the “Flying By” stamp/die set being piloted by the adorable mouse from the "Elphie Selfie" stamp/die set.

I created my own sun ray stencil from cereal box chipboard and blended Distress Oxide Inks (Wild Honey/Mustard Seed) onto a piece of pearlized white paper. Keeping the stencil in place, I flicked water and small spatters of gold paint from the Kuretake Gansai Tambi Starry Colors Set onto the paper - I really wanted the sun rays to glow. The painted background was trimmed and glued onto a top-folding A-2 white card base. I stamped, colored and die cut the mouse/paper airplane. After cutting a small slit in the paper airplane, I slipped the little mouse down inside and taped him into the cockpit on the backside of the images. I LOVE how cute he looks flying the plane! I blended Salty Ocean Distress Oxide Ink on a small piece of the same pearlized paper, spritzed is with shimmer spray and die cut a circle to create my sky scene. I wanted the mouse to be flying onto the paper so I taped the die cut onto the card front with washi tape. Using my MISTI, it was easy to position the little dotted line stamp exactly where I wanted it across the card base and into the sky.


Small clouds were die cut from Waffle Flower’s "Rainbow Panel" set and the sentiment was stamped into the wide banner from Lawn Fawn’s “Bannertastic” stamp/die set. Instead of ending the sentiment with the word “hi”, I used a post-it note to cover it so that I could add dots leading to the inside of the card instead. The sky was popped up with foam tape and adhered to the card front – aligning the dotted lines. The clouds, sentiment banner and flying mouse were also attached to the scene with either glue or foam dots. There was a lot of dimension to this card and I added tons of additional sparkle with small sequins and Wink of Stella. I used Happy Father’s Day from Lawn Fawn’s “Happy Happy Happy” stamp/die set for the inside of the card and attached another little paper plane next to the sentiment. I think he's gonna love this card!


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Rachelle


No comments:

Post a Comment