Thursday, May 16, 2024

All Occasion Card | Krafty Chicks Challenge #716 CAS

 

Hello!

I've got a CAS shaker card for the #716 Krafty Chicks Challenge this week! CAS designs can be challenging for someone who likes to color like me but this great word die from MFT made it easy peasy! I created a mixed media background using Brushos Powders and watercolors in lots of different blues and set is aside to dry under a stack of heavy books!

I glued two panels of 130# white card stock together and die cut the word towards the top center; this panel was then cut down to 3.75" x 5". I adhered the blue background to the front of a top-folding A2 card front to fit underneath the shaker panel. An acetate window was attached to the omit panel and backed with a double layer of craft foam. The exposed edges of the foam were brushed with anti-static powder and the skater bits were piled onto the front. I attached the front panel over the embellishments and glued the word into the window to finish up the design!

I hope you will join us over the Krafty Chicks Challenge this week with your own CAS creations! 

The KRAFTY CHICKS!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Rachelle! I love me a shaker card! And this one doesn't disappoint! I agree with you, it's a wonderful word die and you created the perfect background. So glad you got to play a little with colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure like shaker cards, and this is simple fun love the bubble shape and the color...awesome card friend, hugs, L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this card Rachelle. Your shaker is wonderful and I love the die cut. Great job as always. Have a wonderful week x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh girl...this is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love this as a shaker - AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo I do love this shaker card! Simple and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete