Friday, September 8, 2023

Halloween Card | Whimsy Stamps "Build-A-Fairy Garden Die Set"

 


Welcome! 

I'm calling this all-die-cut card, "The Garden of Evil", which started out with a fairly detailed sketch and ended up with me using almost every Distress Oxide Ink Pad in my crafty stash to color this scene! The photo below was taken when I was trying to dry fit all of my colored die cuts together while comparing it to the sketch to make sure it was all going to work out! Whew! It took me about four hours of cutting,  coloring and assembling just to get to this point!


I used a combination of die cuts from the following Whimsy Stamps Sets and all of the pieces were colored with Distress Oxide Inks, watercolors and pearlized paints.






I made sure to die cut a few extra pieces of all the foliage so that when I started dry fitting everything under the frame, there would be plenty of options to choose from! Once I determined a layout I liked, I took a picture, carefully removed the die cuts and started to recreate it by gluing all of the pieces to the ink-blended background, which measured 4.25" x 5.5". This inky background is one of my favorite color combos - "Mustard Seed", "Carved Pumpkin", "Ripe Persimmon" and "Seedless Preserves"! That spotted purple mushroom looks like it's glowing against the sky!


I left a lot of the leafy edges unattached so that I could carefully wiggle and attach the frame back into place underneath it. This made the die cuts appear to be growing out into the scene! YAY! I just love those little skulls growing on the stem...SO CREEPY and the bright orange glitter thread suspending the spider really pops off that Seedless Preserve background! Double YAY!



Thanks so much for joining me today for this all die-cut project and I hope you'll be able to spend some happy time crafting over the weekend! It's been too hot here to do anything else!

Rachelle

CHALLENGES:






8 comments:

  1. Fabulous fun and a little spooky card with great blending and die cuts..
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is an awesome scene you have created, very creative and well designed, you should enter it at our Two Old Bats Halloween challenge too!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
    Diane TSH DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {The Sisterhood}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} NEW
    {Two Old Bats}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the background. All the colored dies are just wonderful. I love the scene you've created. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our "Anything Goes" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A bit creepey, but it is such a nice and colourful autum scene!
    Lia DT TSOC

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous scene, Rachelle! So fun to see the mushroom given a Halloween bent - great ink blending too!! Thanks for sharing at Die Cut Divas!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining The Male Room blog challenge. Your card is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my friend, this is AMAZING and FABULOUS! Your pains-taking coloring & assembly were worth the while, as this is OUTSTANDING! And yes, by all means please come share it with us over on our Two Old Bats challenge (link is below my signature line). WOW! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Owner
    Sisterhood of Crafters
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your "Garden of Evil" is absolutely fantastic!!! Love the rich colors and all of the details you added to your scene! And I love how you shared your sketch too! Fun!!! Thanks for playing along at The Male Room Challenge!

    ReplyDelete