Wednesday, September 22, 2021

CAS Christmas Card | Picket Fence Studios - "Paper Glaze Lux Ombre - Nutcracker Ballet"


Hello!

I've got a special card to share with you today - an easy CAS design featuring a background created with a brand new product from Picket Fence Studios...the Paper Glaze Lux Ombre "Nutcracker Ballet"! Paper Glaze Lux is a new mixed media glitter-based art medium. Paper Glaze Lux is a heavy body mica and glitter infusion which provides a MAXIMUM level of shine and thickness in a spreadable glitter glaze. This unique formulation showcases the many hues of glitter used to create ultimate depth and dimension and it's so easy to apply Paper Glaze Lux through a stencil or direct application. Your application thickness allows you to decide the level of opacity and so I experimented with painting a small, diluted amount directly onto black card stock and achieved a Northern Lights Effect! You can see the base color of the pearly mica pigment and the highlighted areas of glittery shine where the Lux was a bit thicker with color "C" from this Ombre collection! I was so excited with the result and this literally took me less than 5 minutes to create!


After the Paper Glaze Lux panel was dry, I trimmed it down to 3.75" x 5" and attached it to a top-folding A2 black card base. Using the "Santa's Snowy Hills" Die , I cut a panel from aqua card stock and trimmed off some of the silhouette leaving a scattering of pine trees and the single house in the distance. This panel was cut to fit the width of the card front and adhered on top. 

A sloped panel was cut to size from white card stock and the sentiment (from the "Winter Has Come To Town" Stamp Set) was stamped using my MISTI. I glued the small stamped/colored/die cut figure of the man carrying home his prize Christmas tree (from the "Winter Scene Building People") onto the sentiment panel, which was attached to the card front. A few "Spring Fling" Sequins finished up this clean-and simple card!


This card will be so easy to mass-produce and the effect of that painted Paper Glaze Lux is stunning in real life! I encourage you to stretch your Paper Glaze products by using them as painting mediums!

Thanks so much for joining me today and for taking the time to comment - take care!

Happy crafting and have a great day!
Rachelle

5 comments:

  1. A brilliant background the sparkle effect is beautiful,a peaceful scene and card,leading g a quiet life here,still having beautiful warm days,take care Meg x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, even your CAS cards are so vivid and just amazing. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just keep staring at this background thinking how amazing it is and I can't believe it's as easy as you say but when I read the directions, I think "even I can do this!" But it will have to wait until after my hand surgery. I still have to wait 3 more weeks and I am having a hard time now stamping. What a great card and I would be making tons of this!! So impressive!

    ReplyDelete