Thursday, April 15, 2021

Birthday Card | Pink & Main - "Pretty Peony" | April Sneak Peek


 Hello!

Sneak Peek from April's incredible upcoming release! It's filled with fabulous florals and awesome embellishments, which I have combined in today's card! Let's start off with the NEW "Pretty Peony" Stamp and Coordinating Die Set. This set features two beautifully drawn peony images and reverse sentiment prints with great everyday greetings! 

I began this card by heat embossing the peony with clear powder after stamping it in black pigment ink. This makes the watercoloring so easy and the paint really puddles around the edges giving some intense pops! I die cut the image with the matching die and backed it with a blank die cut.

Using my palette knife, I applied pearl glitter paster through the Deco Stencil onto white card stock. After the panel was completely dry, I die cut the arched frame with the NEW "Concave Stitched Layered Rectangles". This new die set is going to become a quick favorite! I die cut two panels using the "Stitched Rectangle Set 1 Dies" - one in white and the other from kraft card stock. The white panel was adhered to a top-folding A2 card base. The kraft panel was spattered with black/white paint and glued to the center of the card front. 



I slipped the peony into the die cut frame, backed everything with foam tape and pressed it onto the kraft panel. I added a twine bow to the flower stem and used the NEW Unicorn Pearls to finish the card! There is a rainbow of pearl embellishments in the new release and these fade from one color to another on each pearl! 


Thanks so much for stopping by today and for taking the time to comment! Take care and stay safe!


Challenges:


Chocolate Baroque - April - Springtime 


Addicted To CAS - FLOWER


Krafty Chicks #555 - CAS


The Flower Challenge - #55 - Pretty Pastels


Rachelle

10 comments:

  1. As always a beautifully coloured image,love your layout and choice of dies and cardstock,hope all is well with you

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous flower Rachelle and it's colored beautifully!! Love the shimmer on the frame, awesome layout and pretty card! I hope you are doing well.
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH WOW ... so, so pretty Rachelle and I simply LOVE your overall design! Awesome inspiration ... thanks. (pinning for future inspiration)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm so happy to see this gorgeous pastel Peony in my line!! and in my inbox!! and on my IG feed!! I feel like I have really gotten to know her personally - and she is definitely frame-worthy, Rachelle! I always admire your water coloring...
    Thanks so much for including The Flower Challenge in your line-up of challenges!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really lovely image and a great way of using the image, lovely colours and design. Thank you for joining our 'Spring Time' challenge at We Love Chocolate Baroque.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always have a little smile when I come to your blog and see the mention of dreaming card designs, I do exactly the same, I figure it the alternative to counting sheep.

    It's a really beautiful blooms and presented in a really effective design, thanks so much for sharing and joining in with our 'Springtime' theme at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Rachelle! This is beautifully water-colored. Thank you for sharing it with us at Addicted to CAS. xoxo Fran

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply beautiful, Rachelle! Love the layout and that watercolored flower. Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty card. I like how the flower seems to be peeking out from the concave rectangles. The pearl glitter paste adds just the right amount of shimmer to your card. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for joining We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge with this entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete