Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Paintbrush Treat Bag | Jaded Blossom - Guest Designer | February Release - Sneak Day #2

Hey there!

I've got such fun projects to share with you today featuring more new products from Jaded Blossom's upcoming February Release! 

The crafty theme continues today with 2 New Stamp Sets: "Kawaii Art" and "Paint Your Own Story" and a wonderfully fun stencil called "Paint Splatter!" 

$15.99


$15.99

$5.99

I created a paintbrush treat base by actually tracing the outline of one of my favorite house painting brushes! Once I had the shaped drawn, I squared everything up and hand cut the outline, which was then traced onto a new piece of 130# white card stock. I wanted the metal ferrule to fold over the top of the treat bag to create the closure - see below.



Once I had the template completed, I inked up the wooden handle, painted the bristles to look like it had been dipped in red paint (to match my nugget wrappers), and created the metal-looking ferrule from matte silver specialty paper. I scored the surface to resemble the markings on a real brush and added small die cut circles for the rivets. This metal accent piece was attached and wrapped around on top of the template after securing the the nugget treat bag in place. I was so happy with how realistic the brush looked! Here's a close-up photo: 


The images from the "Kawaii Art" Stamp Set were stamped, watercolored and fussy cut. For the tag, I wanted rainbow paint ribbons to be exploding from the paint tube and so I attached them to the back with Scor-tape and wrapped them around my tag (die cut using one of the Label Shape Dies I). The tag was then attached to the top of the paint brush. I also created a separate gift tag with the illustrated sentiment from the "Paint Your Own Story" Stamp Set.


I made another treat-based project using the "Candy Bar Slider Die", the new "Paint Splatter" Stencil and the adorable artist's palette stamp image! I constructed the slider box from the same pattern paper as my other projects and blended a die cut panel with DO Inks, which was attached to the box. The palette was stamped, colored with pearlized watercolors, fussy cut and attached with baker's twine. I added the sentiment strip and a few large gems to finish it up!


Thanks so much for joining me today for Sneak Day #2 and I hope to see you back each day this week!


We have our Gotta Have it Now Package for $129.99

February 2021 Release will include:

5 - 4 x 6 Stamp Sets
2 - New Die
2 - New Stencils
1 - Freebie 3x4 Stamp

Ala Carte Items available on Friday 12am PST 

NO PREORDERS! NO BACKORDERS!
No waiting WEEKS for your stamps. 
This Package is only available till Wednesday 11:59pm pst, then will be back up on the store on Friday at 12 am pst during our Stamp Release Blog Hop!
*Freebie Stamp- Free While Supplies Last.*

Regular price for the release package is $141.99

Take care and stay safe!
Rachelle

5 comments:

  1. Rachelle - such a creative way to use the stamp sets, wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in awe of your creativity Rachelle,wonderful projects with these stamps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachelle, this is so incredibly creative, and cahUTE!!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous idea, Rachelle, and so beautifully executed! I must give this a try!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love the paint brush treat !!!! such a awesome idea !!! ♥

    ReplyDelete