Sunday, February 7, 2021

Birthday Card | Guest Designer - Jaded Blossom | Flower Challenge

Hello!

I'm so excited to be the Guest Designer at Jaded Blossom this month and to be starting off with a card for this month's challenge, "Flowers." It's fun to try new color ways and this time I went with a bright cobalt blue/lemon yellow/teal color palette inspired by this photo of Italian ceramics. I will have to admit that it was a challenge to only work with shades of blue and yellow but I was happy with the final result!


I stamped Jaded Blossom's large bouquet from the "Flower Cluster" Stamp Set with navy ink onto 100# white card stock; the image was watercolored and fussy cut. I die cut a panel using the largest size of the Scalloped Rectangle Dies I and attached it to a card base. A striped panel was created by ink blending Mustard Seed and Squeezed Lemonade DO Inks through a homemade stencil; the panel was sprayed with shimmer mist. Once it was dry, I adhered it to the scallop card front. 


I glued/stacked three of the blue frame pieces together (Octagon Die Set) , attached it to the striped panel with foam tape and the flower cluster was popped into place on top. I heat embossed one of the sentiments from the "Coffee Break" Stamp Set and separated the words for my birthday greeting! A sprinkling of cobalt sequins were added for a bit of shine to finish up the project. This card has a lot of great dimension because of all the layering and is sure to brighten someone's day! 

I can't wait to share more Jaded Blossom projects with you this month and showcase their amazing upcoming release! It's so much fun! Thanks so much for joining me today and have a great week!

Take care - 
Rachelle

2 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful Rachelle. Love the sunshine colours and feel to this, very uplifting and pretty.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blue,yellow colour combo,a beautiful cheerful card

    ReplyDelete