Friday, December 4, 2020

All Occasion Card | Alphabet Challenge - "R" is for Rainbow | Picket Fence Studios - Sunshine Friends "Great Day"



Happy Fri-YAY!

We have a positively radiant theme beginning today over on the Alphabet Challenge Blog - "R" is for RAINBOW! We can't wait to see your interpretation of a multicolored project! I chose to color one of Picket Fence Studio's Sunshine Friends - "Great Day" - with rainbow-inspired petals!

I stamped, colored and fussy cut the image. The sunny background was ink-blended onto the front of an A2 top-folding card base and spattered with gold watercolors; a strip of pattern paper was added at the bottom.


I stenciled a sunray pattern onto a piece of white card stock measuring 4 x 4.5" and die cut the circle opening. This panel was backed with craft foam and adhered onto the card front. The rainbow girl was popped into place with layers of foam tape and the heat embossed sentiment strip/sequins were added to finish the card. I think we could all use a some rainbows in our lives right now and this little cutie fits the bill perfectly! We hope to see lots of color in our Alphabet Challenge Gallery!

Additional Challenges:






Rachelle ♥ 

12 comments:

  1. Your card brought a huge ray of sunshine and colour to a dreich day,a beautifully coloured fun image she is adorable,a brilliant make Megxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what a fun and colorful card Rachelle! I love that sweet image and your gorgeous rainbow colors, sooo cute!! Enjoy your weekend.
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachelle, I just love this sweet card! Your image is adorable and perfect for the challenge. Then, you added the sun behind her and made it even cuter! I hope you have a great weekend and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card Rochelle. Love the bright rainbow colours. This card makes me smile. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just adore this sweet little Rainbow Daisy, Red... I think she and Groot would make an amazing pair!
    Thanks for the sunshine, and the warmth today! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. This certainly is a ray of sunshine - a fabulous interpretation. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is brilliant, it made me smile as soon as I saw it. Beautiful colouring, enjoy the rest of the weekend, Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must have put a lot of work in your creation, and it shows - I just love the colours and the sun/sunshine is amazing. I'm sure the card will brighten somebody's day.

    Hugs, Veronika

    ReplyDelete
  9. This certainly is a card that brings lots of sunshine and smiles!!! Such a fun image and great colour combinations!! Thanks so much for joining the fun over at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rachelle, that fun little image gave me a chuckle, I love how you used the rainbow theme on her!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love your happy, colorful card, Rachelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great fun! I love all the brilliant colors!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah

    ReplyDelete