Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Christmas Card | Graciellie Design - "Live For Today"


Yippee!

I've got some exciting news to share...I've been invited to join the Graciellie Design Team! I'm so honored to be creating projects for Gracie and to be included with her remarkable group of designers! So I'm thrilled to be sharing this inaugural DT post featuring her latest 2020 Holiday release, "Live For Today."


I sized/reversed the bird image in PowerPoint and printed it on 100# cardstock. I needed a slightly longer tree branch for my layout and so I just drew that in with a permanent marker after printing. The final image was then watercolored and fussy cut. When I fussy cut directly on the printed line, I always go back in and add either black marker or watercolor along the edge to finish it off - it makes all the different in the world to the image!


When I was thinking about this design, I wanted to create a snowflake ''bokeh" effect with Distress Oxides and so I used Speckled Egg, Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean as my base palette. Once the background was blended with a mix of all these colors, I sprayed it heavily with shimmer mist. Using several snowflake punch images as simple stencils, I blended these shapes into the base with varying degrees of transparency to create the snow field. This panel was spattered with white opaque paint and pearlized watercolor. Here's a photo of just the finished background - I couldn't quite capture the overall shimmer but take my word for it, it's really sparkly! 

I figured out the sentiment location on the background panel, designed it on PowerPoint and ran the blended cardstock piece through the printer (with my fingers crossed!) and VOILA it printed exactly were it needed to be! All that was left was to cut it to size, add the bird image to the front panel with foam tape and finish the card with some turquoise sequins! Popping up the bird image with the foam tape really adds so much dimension to this card!


Thanks so much for joining me today and for leaving your comments! They brighten my day and I love reading each and every one!

Challenge Submissions:











Rachelle

20 comments:

  1. All your work on the background of this lovely card paid off, just beautiful. A red Cardinal for Christmas is spot on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Rachelle a well deserved Design Team appointment,you have created so many wonderful cards with Graciellie's designs, love your cardina and your fabulous background take care Meg x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That red is fabulous against the blue background. I never tire of your stunning colouring. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo, my talented friend! You are such a good fit on this team!! I might go get this guy some bird seed, he looks so realistic! Absolutely gorgeous!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge Congratulations on the Design team Spot. Your creations continue to WOW me so Its no surprise that they wanted to keep you on!!!! I love this card its so pretty, stay safe, Love Hazelx

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, I must congratulate you on being picked to be on Gracie's DT. How exciting! I love her images! This card is amazing and your coloring always continues to amaze me!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your new DT and very well deserved.Fabulous background and love the beautifully coloured Cardinal
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Christmas card, lovely colouring of your image. Thanks for joining Christmas 24. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous I say, just gorgeous, thanks for playing our challenge at Krafty Chicks

    Leanne DT/KC

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elegant! The coloring is top drawer and the tension between the background and foreground is superb! As always, your talent shines through!

    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh what a beautiful card and that gorgeous cardinal just makes it! thanks for joining our Creature Feature at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A real delight Rachelle.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Rachelle! A big congratulations on your new DT, I bet they are so excited to have you!! What a stunning card and image, your watercoloring is gorgeous and I love how you extended the branch, gorgeous design!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seems I added the wrong comment challenge to you post. Sorry! However your card is still beautiful no matter what challenge. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this week. Good Luck and I’m looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
    Faith A DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful card - thanks for joining us this time at Christmas 24 - Jacqueline DT x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely!Thanks for playing along at Christmas 24!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! What a gorgeous card. You colour beautifully! I'm so glad you joined us at Digi Doodle Studios this week. Hope to see you again soon! Best of luck with your entry - Patsy DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your Christmas card is fabulous! Beautiful wintery background that you left unadorned for our CAS part of our theme challenge at MTTC (with Christmas being the other half!) Well done. And congrats on joining the DT crew at Graciellie! Her designs are fantastic! Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, beautiful background, energetic colors, great stamps! Thanks for playing along at Christmas24 :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This cardinal is stunning. Great work. Sorry to be so late commenting. Thank you so much for playing along with our Christmas Landscapes theme at Christmas 24 Challenge. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete