Thursday, October 29, 2020

Christmas Card | Graciellie Design - "Festive Swag"

 

Hello there!

Well - it's my final posting as a guest designer for Graciellie Design this month and it's been so much fun! I've had the chance to work on my Christmas card stash and to practice my floral watercoloring skills with her great illustrations! I'm finishing up my gig today with a very feminine (and a little bit traditional) slimline design featuring a peach & bright gold coloration! This design is a little bit more froufrou than my normal style but I'm sending it to someone who lives in a restored Victorian farmhouse (filled with antiques) and it will fit in perfectly with their stye! : )

I used the new "Festive Swag" digital stamp set and created a striped background to match! This set - along with everything else on Gracie's store is ON SALE NOW for 55% off -> so head over to check out all of her amazing stamp sets and digital papers!


I began with the idea for a dots and stripes background, created a simple striped template and stenciled a panel using Distress Oxides (Tattered Rose/Worn Lipstick). I used a ruling pen to draw the thin gold stripes and dabbed random dots on top. I used the same gold paint and brushed it along the bottom front of a slimline card base and set everything aside to dry. I cut the decorative-edged panel using the Cricut and glued that on top of the card base. The striped panel was trimmed to fit and adhered into place with foam tape. 


I printed, watercolored and fussy the swag image and then highlighted the foliage with a bit of the same gold paint. The sentiment was printed on vellum and cut with a fishtail banner die. Once I determined the placement of the swag, I attached the sentiment strip onto the striped panel and glued the painted image on top. Using my fingers, I curled up some of the pine needles and leaves to give it a more 3-D look! 


I can't wait to send this card out to the recipient! Thanks so much for joining me today and for taking the time to comment!

Challenge Submissions:

The Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge #82 - ATG





19 comments:

  1. Simply stunning Rachelle,you have been a fantastic brand ambassador,your cards have certainly tempted me to but more images

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Rachelle, your card is fabulous! Your swag style reminds me of how my Mom decorated the stairs one Christmas. Your colouring is gorgeous and your fussy cutting flawless - you are one clever lady! Thanks for playing along with Arlene and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Rachelle! You have really pulled out all the stops for these Graciellie designs and showcased just how stunning they are. I'm a CAS girl at heart but even though this card is quite a detailed and layered design, you have still kept it beautiful clean-lined. I love the colours you've used and the touches of opulent gold. This is a card display with pride as are all the others - cannot praise them highly enough! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a really beautiful Christmas creation, it's lovely to see you at Allsorts Celebrations theme this week, thanks so much for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Racelle. You do these beautiful stamps proud with your awesome colouring.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layers, and colors, Red! You are really are a wonder at coloring - fabulous swag!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card and image -fabulous watercolouring and love the sentiment on vellum
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous card. Loved how u watercolored it and the vellum sentiment is amazing. Thank you for joining us at Splashymix Challenges. DT Sirisha

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW what a stunning card Rachelle!! I love that image and your watercoloring is absolutely gorgeous, the gold accents are beautiful!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous festive card...thanks for joining us at Splashymix challenge 💗
    DT Sneha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous swag, Rachelle, and I love it atop that pink striped paper!! Fab border with the gold peeking through too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card does give a festive vibe,
    Thank you for joining us at Splashymix challenge,
    DT Jinal Savla

    ReplyDelete
  13. Incredible and stunning thank you for joining us at Splashymix challenge,
    DT shraddha

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is stunning and awesome and fabulous. Such beautiful colours and dimension on your festive bouquet. Love it. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful card, Rachelle. The colors you used are wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card Rachelle. Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous card Rachelle. but ours is mixed media challenge. Thank you for joining us at Splashymix challenge

    ReplyDelete