Monday, August 3, 2020

All Occasion Card | Graciellie Design - "Tea For The Soul"



Happy Monday!

I LOVE TEA! I've got an entire kitchen drawer filled with different teas and drink it every day! I was so disappointed when our trip to the UK was cancelled earlier this year due to the pandemic - a top item on my travel wish list was to go to tea several times while we were in London! However, I think this card is the closest I'm coming to a "High Tea" until the world opens up again! 

My bright, happy project uses Graciellie Design's wonderful digi set called "Tea For The Soul" which features a beautiful tea cup with sliced lemons and truly positive inspirational sentiments! I wanted to use a sun ray stencil to highlight the tea cup and so I fussy cut a mask from a separate print out, tacked it in place with blue painter's tape and stenciled over it. This is what it looked like when I finished with the Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide Ink.



I spritzed the panel with shimmer mist and then watercolored the image. I created my own black banner strip in PowerPoint and printed/cut it to size. The image panel was glued to an A2 horizontal white card base and trimmed with the banner and pattern paper strips at the bottom. I added a few yellow iridescent sequins to finish up the card.


Challenge submissions:









Thanks so much for joining me today!
Rachelle

13 comments:

  1. stunning make, love your background and gorgeous colouring, the banner is the perfect finishing touch, have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh I love the stencil behind the cup of tea!! It really makes it pop off the page!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, I adore the colour palette you have used.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachelle, you do have a master's touch with these digital stamps! and the strip made in powerpoint?? Teach me, please?
    This suits me to a TEA!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is just stunning, Rachelle! Love your coloring and stenciling. Such a striking card. Thank you for joining us at the Crafter's Cafe and hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Jinny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card with beautiful coloring! Thank you for entering in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge. Ginny M, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Rachelle! I love that image and how you added the stenciled sun rays behind it, love the sentiment strip too!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great image and fabulous colouring-love the stencilled background.Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is so pretty! Really lovely! Thank you for entering it in the Dare 2B Artzy Anything
    Goes Challenge for August!

    Tonya Meyer
    Dare 2B Artzy DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card!

    Thanks for joining us at International Art and Soul!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card, thanks for joining us at the Dragonfly Dreams.
    Hugs Ilonka DT x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is amazing! I love the sunburst background and the coloring!
    Thank you for participating in the D2BA August Challenge! –Tasha :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely awesome! Thanks so much for sharing with us in our challenge over at Love To Craft Challenge Blog this month! We appreciate you joining us!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, LTCCB DT
    Love To Scrap 2

    ReplyDelete