Friday, July 17, 2020

Birthday Card | MFT Stamps - "Recipe For Happiness" | Alphabet Challenge "H" is for Hungry (A Favorite Food!)


Buon Appetito!

The Alphabet Challenge has a great new theme for the letter "H"...HUNGRY! We would love to see your food-related projects or perhaps focus on a cooking image as I did! The design team has some awesome inspiration to get you started so head on over and check it out!

I used the now-retired "Recipe For Happiness" Stamp Set from Birdie Brown (MFT Stamps) for my CAS birthday card! I have a personal obsession with making homemade soup and so the "Hungry" theme was right up my alley! I used the MISTI to stamp a border of kitchen utensils/sentiment onto an A2 card front and added a 1/2" border of striped pattern paper to the bottom. I stamped, colored and die cut the little chef and popped him into place with foam tape - and that finished up this simple card!


It wasn't until after I got this entire card put together that I realized I had subconsciously colored this little dude like one of my cartoon heroes...
Yukon Cornelius! It's an uncanny similarity, right? : )


We can't wait to see your food-themed creations over at the Alphabet Challenge!

Additional Challenges:









Thanks so much and take care!
Rachelle

18 comments:

  1. Brilliant CAS card love the borders,your chef and fun sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect for our Challenge!
    So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Always Fun Challenges.
    Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @AFC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like we were both into our MFT stash for this challenge! I love that set and how you used it for your CAS design.
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachelle, I just love this chef! And your utensils border is perfect. I am a soup lover and make them year round so just love that sentiment as well. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome sweetie.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes he does look like that other guy! How funny!! I love your chef!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous card Rachelle! I love that cute chef and the awesome utensil border, gorgeous CAS design!!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH WOW this is AWESOME! I love it! Fabulous design Rachelle! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me again Rachelle and I still think this is the cutest thing ever!! Very clever design ... love it! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at the Artsystamper Challenge Blog!
    Darlene
    ARTSYSTAMPER CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a fun card and perfect for our theme! Super clean and simple design and such a great sentiment. Thanks for sharing this with us at The Paper Shelter!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Chef Cornelius is absolutely a dead-ringer for Yukon Cornelius - maybe he settled down after a taste of the South Pole??
    OH my goodness I love soup - yes, even in summer! I'm packing my bags, Red!
    Just delicious!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card hun. Your chef is so cute. I often make soup with whatever is left in the fridge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great CAS card, love the chef! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! Kath-DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. very clever card. Your little chef is adorable. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice colors. I like the crispness of the black and white plus your pops of color. Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card, Rachelle! Who knows, I bet Yukon Cornelius sides as a cook. ;) So glad you joined us at Krafty Chicks Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's really a great card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket Challenges.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  18. A great card - thanks for sharing with us at the Simply Create Too.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete