Saturday, July 25, 2020

All Occasion Card | Free Gardenia Image


Hello!

I pulled out my ancient Speedball Ink Pen this week to do a bit of actual drawing with their Super Black India Ink! I love this ink because once it goes down, it is a rich black line that is totally waterproof! I began by sketching the large gardenia flower in pencil from a photo and then inked the image with the #513EF extra fine nib. This nib allows you to get a slight variation in line quality.  

Here's what I used : )

After the ink dried for about 15 minutes, I was able to clean up all of the remaining pencil lines with a white Staedtler Mars plastic eraser (one of my favorite crafting tools) and then watercolored the image.


I didn't use a specialty paper for this project - just #110 Neenah Solar White, which works really well with Altenew Watercolors. I know that gardenias are usually white but I went with a rosier peach palette instead - so this ended up somewhere between a gardenia and a magnolia bloom! I added a pale blue background wash, some pearlized spatters and a stamped sentiment from Ellen Hutson's Mondo Succulent Pot Stamp Set

Here is the line drawing of the floral image for you to copy/paste and I hope you have as much fun coloring this as I did! Enjoy!
Challenge Submissions:







Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon!
Rachelle

18 comments:

  1. stunning floral image in gorgeous colours, thank you for a copy of it, hope you have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Rachelle. Awesome colouring. Thank you for the freebie.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous is that Rachelle! Lovely creation!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnifique dessin et coloration.
    Merci pour l'image offerte.
    MaryannG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you kidding me?? Red!! I had no idea you were such an artist! A gorgeous drawing that you've colored so beautifully, too! I'm happy to have it - thanks so very much!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so gorgeous, Rachelle! Your drawing is amazing and your coloring fabulous! It's so generous of you to offer this image for free :) Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts and hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Jinny

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning and thanks for sharing your process with the inks. I am so happy to have the copy of this image its beautiful.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really beautiful bloom, many thanks for sharing and joining in with our 'Flowers all Over' theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card! Such wonderful watercolouring too. Thank you so much for the image!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous sketch and wonderful watercolouring, love your beautiful card (and thank you for your lovely image!). Thanks so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey for our Watercolour Wonders challenge, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness you drew it! It is so beautiful and your card is gorgeous. You are also so kind to share the drawing with us. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and lovely card! Thanks for the image <3
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I'm jealous of your talent. I can't draw for toffee. Thanks for the image. You've made a stunning job of it. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful, well done. I am jealous of your artistic skill, I have an ambition to draw my own images but I am not getting very far as I don't practice enough. thank you for sharing yours xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! This is exquisite, I couldn't take my eyes off it. You are sooo talented, the drawing and the coloring are amazing. Thank you for sharing your drawing too. I should bookmark your post, if I ever want to color this grand flower. Thank you for joining us at Time Out Challenges, hugs Ishani.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is spectacular, Rachelle! So elegant and I love the soft pale rose color that you've given the flower. TFS your sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness Rachelle ! If I could draw like this I would never buy a stamp again! Absolutely gorgeous !
    Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so gorgeous - I can't believe that you drew it - your talent is amazing! So beautifully watercoloured too - the pink is perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us at TIME OUT! Jill

    ReplyDelete