Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Father's Day | Stampin' Up - "A Good Man"


Hello!

Today I am sharing the CAS Father's Day card I made for my dad this year. Even today, I still call him "Daddy" and because of him this sentiment is true. This stamp set, "A Good Man" from Stampin' Up, has some wonderful images/sentiments and this particular drawing reminds me of an old photo with my dad.

The image and sentiment were stamped onto an A2 panel that had been cut with a stitched rectangle die. I loosely watercolored the image and adhered it to a top-folding card base. I die cut several skinny rectangular frames and glued/stacked them together. This dimensional frame was then glued onto the front to finish the card.

Challenges:






Thanks so much for joining me and I really appreciate all of your comments.
Rachelle

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful stamped image and sentiment,the black frame a wonderful finishing touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely Rachelle, great colouring & sentiment. I wish my parents were still alive.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous image and card Rachelle! It's watercolored beautifully and I love the sentiment! Your dad will cherish his card.
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is such a simple but striking image - so filled with emotion! Your subtle framing details were a great way to finish it all off! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Rachelle. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card - I love the rustic way you have coloured it. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card Rachelle! Gorgeously coloured and the contrast of the black and white with the watercolours is perfect. A fantstic card for our Just Add 'F' challenge. Thanks for playing along and joinning us this week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous Father’s Day card Rachelle! So clean and simple and perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Rachelle, you just made me cry a little... this is beyond adorable, and brings my own Daddy to mind - my heart has been missing him for 37 years!
    I may have to check out that set … thanks for sharing your wonderful card today! I adore it! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Fathers day card love the stamped image and beautiful sentiment.Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rachelle, this is such a moving card. It's totally lovely and I'm sure your dad will love it. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very cool. Thanks for joining us at CASology. :)

    ReplyDelete