Friday, June 19, 2020

Birthday Card | Honey Bee Stamps - "No Probllama" | Alphabet Challenge - "F" is for Flora or Fauna



Hola!

We've got a great new challenge over on the Alphabet Blog today..."F" is for Flora or Fauna! I decided to go with both the plant and animal life of the desert with this glowing birthday scene! This older llama set from Honey Bee Stamps, "No Probllama", has been on my wish list for a long time and I recently added it to my stash!

I began with an ink-blended panel starting with Fossilized Amber in the center circle and added Abandoned Coral and Candied Apple on the edges. I splattered this panel with water and metallic paint then set it aside to dry. I die cut several stitched hills from kraft paper (wider than the card base) and ink blended them to mimic sand dunes.


All of the images were stamped, colored and fussy/die cut. I assembled all of the die cut pieces together and then started to create my scene. Once I determined the placement, I began adhering the items beginning with the background sand dune. I added a couple of blank die cuts to the llama in order to give him a bit more stability and dimension. The sand dunes were trimmed from the back side to be flush with the panel and added a heat embossed sentiment strip and clear sequins to the cactus flowers. The inside reads: NO Probllama!


I LOVE this vibrant color palette - it really glows with a warm sparkle! We can't wait to see your plant (flora) and animal (fauna) projects in our Alphabet Challenge Gallery!

Additional Challenges:






Thanks so very much!
Rachelle

12 comments:

  1. Your coloring is absolutely fantastic ! Love the realistic look on every single element!
    Wow !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning project love the scene you created

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love llamas (as you probably know) and you colored this guy perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Rachelle! This flora AND fauna card is stunning. Love that vibrant background that just sets of the entire scene you created perfectly. Love it!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute & such awesome colour work.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. He still cracks me up ... no probllama for him, maybe!! LOL
    Fabulous, Rachelle!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card! I'm loving that background and your colours is awesome! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable card! Thank you for including The Joy of Set Tic Tac Toe Challenge with your card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a wonderful card! Love the blended background you created... and the llama and cacti are perfect for summer. Thanks for participating in the #JOSTTT018 challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the llama. and your coloring is fantastic. Thanks for playing along at JOSTTT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the many layers of land/sand. Thank you for joining our challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies! Pam, DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is stinking adorable! You did a fantastic job coloring all the images, and I love your sand dunes. Thanks for playing along with the June Joy of Sets challenge.

    ReplyDelete