Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Christmas Card | Penny Black - Berry Speckled | Christmas Craft Creations - Inaugural Challenge "Use A Stamp"


Hey There!

I'm tickled to announce that I have joined the wonderful design team over on the new Christmas Craft Creations Challenge Blog! This is a new monthly challenge that starts on the second Wednesday of each month and will feature Christmas projects throughout the year! Our first challenge is a very easy theme..."Use A Stamp". We hope that you will join us and share your Christmas designs!
https://christmas-craft-creations.blogspot.com
I began by taping a piece of hot press watercolor paper to a cutting board and sprayed it with water. I added blue/green watercolors in a random pattern and allowed some of the excess to drip from top to bottom. I dried the paper using my heat tool and went back in to add more color where needed until I was happy with the result. After allowing the panel to thoroughly dry, I brushed it with my anti-static powder tool, stamped the 2017 Penny Black "Berry Speckled" image with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed it with white powder. I added some pearlized/metallic paints in certain areas and spattered the entire panel with diluted white paint. Stickles was added to the berries to give them added sparkle and dimension.


The sentiment was heat embossed using the same process and the panel was adhered to a 5" x 7" white card base; assorted blue sequins were added to finish up the card. This has such a soft, shimmery feel to it and will be fairly easy to mass produce. 

Thanks so much for joining me and please head over to our new challenge at Christmas Craft Creations!

Additional challenges:

14 comments:

  1. A fabulous water colour background the colour tones are beautiful against the white stamping

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new team. This is really amazing. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! I will need to check out that challenge, I am always making Christmas cards! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Rachelle. This is what we all need right now. PEACE!! Keep safe sweetie.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my kinda card! Sparkly, clean and simply! Lovely!! Thanks for joining us at Christmas 24!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy!! This is just wonderful! That sparkly background is wunnermus! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful creation with us this week at The Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card - very effective. Thank you for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge xx Lynda DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an elegant, eye-catchingly beautiful design. It feels simultaneously timeless and contemporary.

    Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to the team! Your card is gorgeous I love the effect you created. I've never used watercolors, you make it sound so simple! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful effect, I love the background and sentiment.
    Thank you for playing with Christmas24

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Red! I am so happy I 'saw you' over at my friend Jenni's blog … I'm always the last to know - and this is splendid news! Congratulations! Your card is so gorgeous with all those chilly shades of blue, and sparkling snow!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous. I do like the sparkle on the snow. Sorry to be so late commenting. Thank you for playing along with our Sparkle challenge at Christmas 24 Challenge. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Rachelle: Forgive me for this late comment, it's been busy here with some DIY bathroom remodeling.
    I love this card, I love seeing Christmas cards in the middle of Spring, and yours is gorgeous.
    Love the amazing blues behind your lovely, glittery branch.
    Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER.
    Hugs.
    Maria/DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! I love the background and the bold sentiment. Thanks for sharing with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete