Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Easter Card | Guest Designer on the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog - #131 Tic Tac Toe!



Hello!

I'm so excited to be joining the amazing team over on the Retro Rubber Blog today as the Guest Designer for challenge #131 - Tic Tac Toe! As you can see from the options below - there are so many great choices from which to create your own perfect 3-in-a-row! I decided to make an "X" and went with five prompts! I hope you will join us and don't forget to use a stamp that is at least one year old!



I decided to use Lawn Fawn's "Easter Party", which was released in combination with the "Easter Egg Frames" in the Spring of 2018. I started by cutting small strips of pattern paper and gluing them down onto white card stock measuring 3.5" x 4.5".


Using the egg frame, I traced around the shape to give me a cutting edge and hand cut the eggs to fit behind the frame.


I die cut the frames from contrasting card stock, glued/stacked 2 frames together and adhered them onto the egg base. I placed the egg into the MISTI and stamped the sentiment. The Lawn Fawn images were stamped, colored and die cut and I glued one blank die cut behind each one to give it stability before popping them into place with foam tape. I added a few pastel pearls to finish off the card front. 

I made the card base by creating a positive template from the die cut and adding numerous marks to make sure that the image remained square. So when I placed the folded card base onto my grid, the template was also aligned on top (using the same grid) over the fold and then I cut the shape to create the card base. 


I ended up with a card base rainbow!



Thanks so much for joining me today and please head over to the Retro Rubber Blog to see the other great projects for this challenge!

Additional Challenge Submissions:

Die Cut Diva's - March 2020

Let's Craft and Create #157 - AG + Opt Easter

Sparkles Monthly Challenge  - #126 Easter

Sweet Stampers - #42 - Easter or Spring

Use Your Stuff - Spring #394

Crafty Cardmakers #253 - Spring

Rachelle

16 comments:

  1. the strips of beautiful Spring colours in the papers as a base were a fantastic idea, love the egg shaped die cuts and the adorable stamps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! These little images are adorable on their own, but backed with those wonderful spring colors and in an EGG SHAPE!!! Cuteness overload! I just realized that I have NO EGG DIES!! I think you might have been a bit of an enabler...I must go look for some! Thanks for being our RRCB guest designer this week...your creations are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I love it!!! All the bright colors!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely spring colours and a great way to use up small pieces of patterned paper to make the eggs. Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the egg shape and sets of strips of spring like papers. thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenes. Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. These striped Easter eggs are fabulous! Such pretty papers and the egg-card is such a surprise novelty. Thank you for guest designing with us at Retro Rubber. It's lovely to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous inspiration. I have tonnes of paper strips I could do this with. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is adorable Rachelle! I love the awesome paper strip design and egg shape, so cute!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic way to make rainbow cards and I love the Easter Egg shape. Adorable card. So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas for the March challenge of "Anything Goes".

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute design and what a great way to use pattern paper. Thanks for playing along our March challenge at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is wonderful and so cute.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Rachelle and thank you for being our Guest Designer at RETRO RUBBER this time around.
    I love your sweet card and the creative and fabulous way you used the patter paper scraps to create the background for these cute little kids, very colorful and fun.
    I'm so happy you shared your talent with us at RETRO RUBBER.
    XO
    Maria/DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a cute design! I love it! Thank you for entering your fun and colourful card into our "Spring" challenge! Hope to see you again next time! Happy crafting and take care ;o) Maike

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabelhaft gemacht! Gefällt mir total gut.
    Danke daß du bei den Sweet Stampers mitmachst.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sparkles Monthly Challenge

    ReplyDelete