Sunday, January 5, 2020

Thank You Card | Altenew - Needlework Motif


Happy New Year!

Thanks so much for stopping by for my first project of 2020! I am starting out with a "Thank You" Card that I created with a "new-to-me" stamp set from Altenew - "Needlework Motif". This set has been on my wish list for a long time and when it was recently on sale, I snatched it up! It reminds me of the Jacobean designs I used to create for wallpaper collections and I always loved drawing these very detailed, historic patterns.

I stenciled the background with Distress Oxide Ink in Antique Linen, spritzed it with shimmer mist and spattered the panel with metallic watercolors. After the panel was dry, it was die cut and set aside. I stamped one of the floral needlework sprays with VersaFine Onyx Black Ink, watercolored it in a warm jewel-tone palette and die cut it with the companion die. I die cut a second spray and glued/stacked it to the colored piece to give it some dimension/stability. Using the same watercolors, I painted a 1/2" navy strip along the outside edge of an A2-sized white card stock panel and then die cut it with a stitched rectangle die; this was adhered to the front of an A2 top-folding card base. I really like the detail that the little stitched edge gives next to the smaller dotted panel. The stenciled panel and needlework spray were also glued into place on the card front.

I die cut the Hello Bluebird word sentiment 5 times from white card stock and glued/stacked them together. Once dry, I painted the die cut with copper metallic paint and glued it into place. I added a touch of the same copper paint to the needlework design because I wanted it to reflect the same color I used for the die cut word sentiment. The card was finished off with a few light blue sequins. 


Thanks a million for joining me and I really appreciate all of your comments! They make my day!

I would like to submit this card for the following challenges:















Rachelle

16 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous, Rachelle! I love that stamp - thanks so much for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge! Happy New Year! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card the colours are so vibrant and the stamp beautiful thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really gorgeous. Love the deep colours against the soft background. Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card with so much creativity! I love the background, Needlework floral and copper sentiment...so special. We are so pleased that you joined us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic colouring Rachelle. Love the background you've created. Overall a fab card. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything going on here, the layers, the colors, the shine! What a wonderful design. Thanks so much for joining us at Little Red Wagon Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, so pretty! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your Little Red Wagon win. I love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card and your coloring is WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. how gorgeous...it really has such a festive feel to it.
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, beautiful colors and such a modern feel to a traditional pattern. I love it. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our January challenge of something new.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is GORGEOUS. I love that background.
    Hugs
    Annette - Netty's Cards
    xx
    Proud to design for :
    Lili of the Valley,
    Dies to Die For,
    As You Like It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card. Thank you for joining in the Dragonfly Dreams challenge.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bright and cheerful card! Love the colors and the image. Thanks for joining us at LTCCB
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete