Thursday, August 29, 2019

All Occasion Card | Freshly Made Sketches #400 Milestone Celebration | Lawn Fawn - You Are Sublime



Hello!

Thanks so much for joining me today as I celebrate with the wonderful team over on the Freshly Made Sketches Blog! They are celebrating a HUGE Milestone - their #400th Sketch - and to commemorate this accomplishment, a long list of great manufacturers have been very generous and donated lots of prizes for this challenge. Please head over and check out the wonderful ideas that the design team created for this very special sketch!

I have wanted to do a pastel color way for Lawn Fawn's "You Are Sublime" for a long time and this was the perfect opportunity to combine the Lawn Fawnatics current challenge (Something See-Through) with #FMS400! I began by lightly ink blending a background using Distress Oxide Inks (Wilted Violet, Salty Ocean and Cracked Pistachio) and a bubble/wave template. I sprayed the panel with shimmer mist, spattered it with diluted inks and set it aside to dry. I also blended these same three colors on a thin strip of scrap paper and cut it in half (this gave me 2 smaller strips measuring 1/2" x 5.5"). I trimmed the stenciled panel down to 3.25" x 5.5" and die cut the frame in the middle with Lawn Fawn's Shadow Box Theater Add-On. I added more ink blending to the small positive die cut since I was going to pop it back in the middle of my underwater scene. I determined the stencil panel's placement on the front of an A-2 horizontal top-folding card base and glued the small center die cut in the correct spot. I adhered my two ink blended strips on the outside edge of the stencil panel (in reverse color order) in order to frame it with a border and backed the entire panel with craft foam.


I stamped, colored and die cut all of my Lawn Fawn images. I decided that I didn't like the white die cut edge popping off of the darker ocean background so I colored the edges to match the background tones and the images were glued into place. I really like the way this turned out - it looks more like you are peering into an aquarium with the softened image edges. I lightly ink blended Wilted Violet onto the back of heavy vellum, prepped the opposite side with my anti-static powder tool, stamped the sentiment with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed it with white powder. I die cut the sentiment and adhered it into place with a very small piece of vellum adhesive at either end. I wanted a semi-transparent effect for this sentiment strip and this technique worked very well.


I glued my little lobster into place holding onto my sentiment strip and adhered the entire front panel into place with the submarine scene lining up in the middle. The card was finished off with an assortment of iridescent bubbles from Lucy's Little Things - I love how they play off the other colors used in the card!

Thanks a million for stopping by and make sure you enter in the #FMS400 celebration!

Challenges:



Rachelle

12 comments:

  1. Adorable card and scene Rachelle!! I love all of the fun images and how you colored the edges to match the background, gorgeous stenciled panel too! Enjoy your weekend!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tammy! Thanks so much for stopping by - hope you have a great holiday weekend, too! : )
      Red
      x

      Delete
  2. This is such a great card! I just love that underwater scene! Your colouring and the background is fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches to celebrate our 400th sketch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen! Thanks so much for the kind comments!
      Congratulations on #400 - that is a big deal for all of the Design Team and challenge admins! It's fantastic!
      Rachelle : )

      Delete
  3. This is a fun & fabulous card! Love the little lobster holding the sentiment strip. Thanks for helping us celebrate 400 at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jacquie! Ya'll have been doing a wonderful job at FMS for a long time and all of the inspiration is greatly appreciated!
      Best wishes - Rachelle

      Delete
  4. Wow that's just fabulous. I love all the details and the colours. It's just brilliant. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Toots! Thanks so much - this one took me outside the box a bit and I was happy with the outcome! I appreciate you stopping by! Red : ) x

      Delete
  5. I love this - that background is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! Your colors are perfect for an underwater look!Glad you helped us celebrate 400!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Linda - thanks for stopping by and congrats on the big celebration!
      Rachelle : )

      Delete