Sunday, July 28, 2019

Wedding Card | MFT Stamps - Birds of a Feather DieNamics



Hi!

My niece is getting married next weekend and this card is for her! I can't wait to see my side of the family and celebrate this very happy occasion! 

This is a 6" square card and I started with black cardstock cut to that size; a piece of light turquoise card stock was die cut using the Cricut and adhered to the center to create my base. I then die cut the largest size of  MFT's Stitched Heart DieNamics onto 3 pieces of 110# white card stock measuring 5.25" square. I wanted this white panel to be very sturdy so I glued them all together with strong liquid adhesive and set it aside to dry inside a heavy book. I then chose my colored cardstock and die cut multiples of all of the Birds of a Feather DieNamics images. I knew that I wanted a simple, symmetrical "folk art" feel to this design so I started to layout the pieces around one of the die cut hearts. Once I had a layout I liked, I took a photo, and recreated it on the actual die cut panel. I like to use Multi Matte Medium when gluing down all of these small bits because it dries clear and you don't need to add a lot for it to stay in place. I also added an assortment of small rainbow jewels in coordinating colors from Lucy's Little Things to give it a bit of sparkle.


I backed the white panel with craft foam and centered it onto the black/turquoise base. I then placed the clear sentiment stamps in the correct place, gently removed the white panel and used the MISTI to complete the stamping with VersaFine Ink; the white base was then adhered on top. I cut a 6" x 12" piece of heavy-weight white card stock, scored it in the middle and glued the entire card front onto the card base.

I really like the clean symmetry of this card!



Thanks so much for stopping by - I really appreciate each and every one of your comments!

Rachelle

I have entered this card into the following challenges:

A Bit More Time To Craft - #95

Classic Design Team Challenge

Happy Little Stampers - AG/Dies

Happy Craft Challenge - July 2019 - AG

Sparkles Forum - #118 Wedding

World Wide Design Team Challenge - July #07

Love To Craft Challenge Blog - July AG

Crafty Creations - AG #395

WaterCooler Wednesday Challenges - #231 All Occasion

Addicted to Stamps And More #351 - AG

Cut It Up Challenge Blog - Critters #179

613 Avenue Create - #223 July 2019 AG

20 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card. love the vibrancy of the flowers and birds around the edges of the die cut heart. Great use of the negative space. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tristan! I like your "All Occasion" Challenges!

      Delete
  2. What a bright and happy wedding card! Very pretty. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super cute card thank you for sharing at 613 Avenue Create x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card, I love all those bright colours! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning. I love the bright clean colors of the elements. Loved reading your process, too!

    Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up for our Critter challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Evelyn! : ) Thanks so much for the kind comments!

      Delete
  6. Such a lovely card Rachelle. I love how colourful it is. My wedding cards tend to be neutral. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful wedding card, love the design!

    Thank you for sharing over at Cut it Up for our critter challenge!

    -Treva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Treva - I appreciate it! : )

      Delete
  8. Such a beautiful card. You have captured the folk art look so well here. Thank you for sharing your process.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Monica DT Member for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/


    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card, Rachelle! I love all the sweet, delicate, little images that work so well together! Thanks so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Helen! It was really fun to piece this card together : )

      Delete
  10. Hi Sherry! Thanks for the great open challenges - it's wonderful to see what the other design team members are doing! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful card...love all the colours.
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete