Thursday, May 30, 2019

Slimline Birthday Card | My Favorite Things - Love Bugs


Hey There!

I'm sharing my first slimline card with you today! After seeing all of the great slimline designs created by Nicky Meek at Nicky Noo Cards, I just had to try one! She does an amazing job creating her scenes with this long/skinny/tall card format. so please check out her blog for tons of slimline card examples.

I blended Blueprint Sketch/Shaded Lilac Oxide Inks at the top of a 5' x 10" white card stock panel and Twisted Citron/Lucky Clover at the bottom, being sure to leave a very lightly blended strip where they met. This gives the impression of sky meeting grass but does not require a solid demarcation. The panel was spritzed with shimmer mist and I spattered darker greens/metallic water colors to give it some texture. This panel was trimmed down to 3.75" x 8.5" and mounted to a card base measuring 4" x 8.75". 

I stamped, colored and die cut the birthday turtle from the now-retired "Love Bugs" Stamp Set from My Favorite Things. It was glued/stacked onto 2 additional die cuts to give it added dimension and the little party hat die cut was glued into place. I loosely painted watercolor onto white card stock for the clouds and butterflies; once the paper was dry, I looked for the right spots on which to stamp the images. This ended up being a nice contrast in style to the detailed coloration on the turtle. The sentiment was stamped, heat embossed and die cut from a heavy-weight black card stock. Three die cuts of MFT's "You Trio Die-namics" were stacked/glued together from black card stock and a watercolored die cut was offset/glued to create the shadow effect. 

All of the die cuts were either glued and/or popped off the blended panel with foam tape and I added an assortment of sequins to finish the card. I really like this slimline format and will be using it again in the future!


This card is entered into the following challenges:








Thanks for joining me today!
Rachelle


15 comments:

  1. SO cute! I adore the bold colors, sponged background, and fabulous size! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving this long skinny card! And that turtle is so cute too!! That's a great scene you created!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherri! Can you believe the heat we are having??? I Hope we get rain over the weekend! Thanks for the kind comments...this card was really fun to create and I'm liking the larger size. : )
      Rachelle

      Delete
  3. I'm so impressed with you stunning blending and all that texture from the mists etc. This is one amazing card. Love the tall card. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday this week. Dawn ~ DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so very much Dawn - I really appreciate the comments! : )
      Rachelle

      Delete
  4. Lovely card, Rachelle! So cute! Thanks for joining us this week at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Marsh DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Marsha - I appreciate it! :)

      Delete
  5. A lovely card. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Cardmakers challenge.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cheerful and colourful card. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dawn! Thanks a million - I really appreciate it! It took me awhile to get this tall skinny card layout right :)

      Delete
  7. Super card, thanks so much for sharing it at Crafty Addicts Challenge Blog! Good Luck with your entry!!
    Hugs Donna (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty card!!!! Love it!
    Thanks for playing along with us
    Ana Isabel Dt Coordinator at Corrosive Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete