Friday, January 25, 2019

All Occasion Card | Hello Bluebird - Rainy Day



Happy Fri-YAY!

Today I would like to share a card that uses Hello Bluebird’s wonderful “Rainy Day” stamp set.

The rainy watercolor background was created with Caran d-Ache Neocolor II Artist's Crayons. I taped down a piece of 130# Neenah Solar White card stock onto an Epicurean cutting board and lightly sketched bands of overlapping color onto paper. I sprayed it with plain water, recolored certain areas and sprayed again with shimmer spray. I dried the paper with my heat gun and went back in to add some additional colors. Because I had taped the paper down it remained fairly flat, even with all of the water that I sprayed onto the surface! The raindrops were randomly stamped onto the background and highlights were added with my Uni-Ball Signo White Pen. I stamped the little girl/duckling onto the same 130# Neenah cardstock with VersaFine Onyx Black Ink, water colored and die cut the images. I glued and stacked three of the little girl die cuts together to provide some dimension to the image.


I die cut multiples of Hello Bluebird’s Gallery Frame #1 & 2 on navy cardstock and glued/stacked different pieces together to create a simple frame. The rainy background was adhered onto the front panel of an A-2 top-folding card base and prepped with an anti-static powder tool. The sentiment/puddle were stamped with clear embossing ink using the MISTI and heat embossed with detail white powder. The navy frame was glued down onto the background and the puddles were highlighted with a heavy coat of Wink of Stella Shimmer Pen. The duckling was glued directly onto the background and the girl was popped off using some foam tape. The card was finished with little raindrops using Lucy’s Clear Ice Cube Jewel Mix.

Thanks for joining me!
Rachelle

4 comments:

  1. One of my all-time favorite past times as a child, Rachelle... but I dare say I NEVER looked as cute, as your darling puddle-jumper! Nor did I have a pet duck - until later in life! lol
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michele! With 3 red-headed girls, my parents saw a lot of this puddle jumping when we were little! :)

      Delete
  2. What a darling card Rachelle! I love your background and you've colored her so adorably! So many fun details! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam - I always appreciate your comments!

      Delete