Friday, August 10, 2018

Birthday Card | Sunny Studio's Happy Camper & Lawn Fawn's Starry Skies


Howdy!

My younger sister’s “Happy Place” is anywhere she can set up her RV and this “Feet with Fire Pit” pose is the standard photo she takes when she get there! There was a general discussion about butter vs. shortening vs. lard pie crusts after I saw what book she was reading in this picture! 😉


For her Birthday, I designed the ♥ PERFECT ♥ card combining the “Happy Camper” stamp/die set from Sunny Studio Stamps and several die sets from Lawn Fawn.

I wanted the night sky to seem like a giant planet rising above the camping scene and so I started with a horizontal A-2 card base and played with circle dies until I found one with the right proportion to extend beyond the edge. I blended several Distress Oxide Inks (Wilted Violet, Salty Ocean & Black Soot) onto a piece of navy cardstock, die cut the circle and randomly cut stars using Lawn Fawn's "Starry Skies" die set. I spritzed the circle with shimmer spray to activate the ink, blotted it with a paper towel and then spattered a little gold paint on it as well. I die cut a second circle out of white card stock, trimmed it down slightly and painted the top ½ with pearlized watercolors. After it was dry, I carefully glued the blue circle on top, which allowed the bright stars to shine through.

The camper was stamped, water colored, die cut and finished off with a little Wink of Stella. I die cut the pine trees from green cardstock and shaded them using Distress Oxide Inks. The background elements were die cut using Lawn Fawn’s “Forest Border” / “Stitched Hillside Borders” and shaded as well. After I determined their placement, I trimmed them down using the rectangle dies. I die cut a 4.25” X 5.5” panel out of kraft cardstock using Lawn Fawn’s "Large Stitched Rectangles" and glued it to the card base. The sky and forest border were adhered to the card front using strong tape. After I determined the design for the trees & camper, the rest of the scene was glued into place.

A piece of black cardstock was prepped with an anti-static powder tool. The sentiment was stamped with VersaMark Ink, white embossed, trimmed to size and adhered to finish off the card.

Thanks for stopping by - time to start the s'mores!
Rachelle

1 comment: