Thursday, July 19, 2018

Birthday Card | Lawn Fawn - Coaster Critters



Hey there!

Who doesn't love a good roller coaster ride? I worked at Cedar Point (in Sandusky, Ohio) for a couple of summers during college and as an employee, we were able to walk the park at night after closing time. I bet I rode each roller coaster at least a hundred times and this fantastic stamp/die set from Lawn Fawn - "Coaster Critters" captures the fun of heading down that first big hill!

I watercolored the sky/grass on cold press watercolor paper and blended a bit of Distress Oxide Inks onto the surface. Using the MISTI, I stamped all of the images on Neenah Solar White Card Stock with VersaFine Onyx Black and heat set the ink. I watercolored and die cut the images and then determined how to build the scene. I decided to ground the roller coaster with a strip of bright green card stock cut with Lawn Fawn's Grassy Border Die and an embossed sentiment strip.

Some of the images were glued directly to the watercolor paper and others were popped up using foam tape. I added shimmer with a Wink of Stella and detail highlights with a white gel pen.


Thanks for stopping by!
Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment