Tuesday, September 10, 2019

All Occasion Card | MFT Stamps - Harvest Mouse | Retro Rubber Guest Designer for Fall Colors Challenge #119


Hello!

Thanks so much for joining me today ♥ I can't tell you how excited I am to be the Guest Designer over on the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog for the current Fall Colors Challenge - #rrcb119! This is especially true because I will be sharing this adorable card featuring MFT's Harvest Mouse Stamp Set, which is still as fresh as when it was released in the fall of 2015! I think it's proof that well-drawn images really can stand up to the test of time.


I created the Swiss dot background by stamping MFT's Itsy-Bitsy Polka Dot Stamp with VersaMark Ink onto a piece of 110# Neenah Card Stock and heat embossing it with white powder. Distress Oxide Inks (Peeled Paint & Bundled Sage) were blended over the embossed dots, the surface was lightly rubbed with a paper towel (to remove any excess ink) and cut to a 5" square. This was adhered to the front of a top-folding 5" square card front.

Using the Gina K. Wreath Builder Template, I stamped many small images from older, retired MFT stamps sets (including Bold Blossoms) to create my harvest wreath and spattered it with diluted inks/metallic watercolors to soften the design. I cut the inverted scallop circle in the center with the smallest option from Pink Fresh's die set, added a handful of small sequins and backed this entire panel with a piece of craft foam for added stability.
  

I stamped the pumpkin-carrying mouse with VersaFine Onyx Black Ink, heat embossed it with clear powder, colored and fussy cut the image. I ink blended a small panel (with Fired Brick Distress Oxide Ink) to fit behind the center scallop opening with Distress Oxide Ink and glued it to the center of the dotted background; the wreath panel was adhered on top. The mouse was popped into the center with a double layer of foam tape and a piece of heavy twine was tied/knotted at the top to finish off the card.


Thanks so much for joining me today and head over to the Retro Rubber Blog to check out the great ideas from the Design Team!

Additional Challenge Submissions:





Rachelle

6 comments:

  1. Rachelle, so good to have you with us as GDT. I LOL when I saw your card, I used the same adorable set for my card, because it works so well with the colours! I love your beautiful card, the wreath is amazing. Hope to see you in the Retro Rubber gallery again soon. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love the cute little mouse. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Crafty Friends, we hope to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Rachelle… Your mouse card is lovely… great stamping. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Friends. It fits perfectly with our ‘Autumn Colours’ challenge theme. Good luck in the draw and hope you will come back again soon.
    Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Roachelle and thank you for being our Guest Designer.
    I also have this super cute set, these little mice are just adorable, and I almost created my card with them.
    Love the wreath, I've seen these wreath creator templates and I think they are amazing!! Yours is the perfect detail for this sweet mousy image.
    Thank you for playing with us at RETRO RUBBER.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card, thanks for playing along with our Autumn Colours challenge @ Dream Valley this week. Good Luck 
    Happy Crafting
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Rachelle!! I love that wee little mouse and the stunning wreath, awesome stamping!! I hope you have a nice weekend!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete