Tuesday, July 9, 2019

All Occasion Card | Papertrey Ink - On My Couch


Hi!

Here is my next DT submission for the Back To Basics and Beyond Challenge Blog - this time it's a photo inspiration challenge that features a room set with some comfy furniture! Go check out the photo on the blog for more details!

I used one of my favorite "retro" sets from over 10 years ago, "On My Couch". This simple graphic stamp set captured the feel of the challenge perfectly! I went with a CAS layout and kept the color palette to a minimum. I used the MISTI to stamp a band of small dots with MFT's "Itsy Bitsy Polka Dots Background" in a light turquoise ink. The couch was stamped with Onyx Black Versafine Ink and then the polka dot upholstery/furniture feet were over stamped with with dye inks. The pillows and lamp were also stamped with die inks and everything was fussy cut.

After I determined the placement for the couch, I marked the dotted background to indicate where the rug and side table should be stamped. Using the MISTI, I stamped these images directly onto the panel. The lamp was glued on top of the table and the pillows onto the couch, which was then adhered into place with foam tape to add some dimension.



I glued the scene panel into place on an A-2 top-folding white card base and cut additional strips of the white card stock (backed with craft foam) and glued them down on top of the scene. This framed the image in a very clean way and I stamped the word "Hello" to finish off the card the card front. I used the same couch image for the inside but added a little curled-up kitty & sentiment because the recipient is a cat person!


That will do it for today - head on over to see the other great creations that the BBB Challenge Designers have posted!

Rachelle

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, love the lay out and CAS style, the sentiment is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the paper piecing on the couch! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oo I love your spotty couch, and the kitty on the inside of the card just makes it for me as a fully fledged cat lady! Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, Rachelle. And, the kitty on the couch inside is so........ :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card Rachelle, I love the paper pieced couch and your fabulous sentiment inside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it. Especially the inside. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my - gorgeous job on all that stamping, I really thought you had paper pieced it.
    Some of our best stamps are our older ones aren't they!
    Scarlett xoxo

    ReplyDelete