Monday, June 24, 2019

Birthday Card | Avery Elle - Splash

Happy Summer!

 

This is the first time I have used this great stamp/die set from Avery Elle, "Splash", which was introduced last summer. It had been on my wish list for months and when they had a recent sale, I snatched it up! I also used a great generic linear stamp from MFT, Whimsical Waves Background

I heat embossed the wave background stamp with white powder onto a piece of 110# Neenah Solar White Card Stock and trimmed the image in half horizontally. I ink blended over the embossing with Distress Oxide Inks (Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers and Blueprint Sketch) keeping the ink value very light; the panel was spritzed with shimmer spray and set aside. I stamped the Avery Elle images with VersaFine Onyx Black Ink and heat embossed them with clear powder; the images were then watercolored and die cut. I glued one additional die cut to each of the bathing beauties to give them a bit more dimension and added a bit of gloss to their shades with some black gel pen.

I cut two more small panels of white card stock and ink blended along the edges with the same distress oxide inks - one had a bit more Peacock Feathers and the other more Blueprint Sketch. I then dripped small droplets of water and spattered diluted inks onto the surfaces to give it a splashy watered effect; both panels were spritzed with shimmer mist. I cut a thin strip of the darker blue color and glued it directly to the bottom of a 4.25" x 5.5" piece of card stock. I trimmed the wave panel down to 2.5" in height and glued that 1/8" above the blue strip. The aqua panel was then glued into place at the top of the card and all of the excess was trimmed from behind using a craft knife. 


I heat embossed the sentiment with white powder to a piece of light aqua vellum and trimmed it down to size. The sentiment strip and die cut images were all glued into place and the card was finished with a sprinkling of assorted sequins from Lucy's Little Things. She always has the best selection of bling and if you order directly from her website, it's almost 40% lower in price when compared to several US-based retailers. She's in England so it takes just a bit longer to arrive (and there is a monetary currency conversion to consider) so I usually wait until the dollar goes up against the British Pound and then place my order - she always throws in a free item as well!

I have submitted this card in the following challenges:

Stamping Sensations - June 2018 - Show Us Your True Colors

Dies R Us Challenge #123 - Summertime

Tinker Dream - #78 Summer

Sweet Stampin' - Summer - June 2019

C.R.A.F.T. Challenges - #518 - Summer

Daring Cardmakers - Midsummer's Day

Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday Challenge - June /July 2019

Little Red Wagon - 6/2019 - Summer Fun

Thanks so much for joining me today!
Rachelle

20 comments:

  1. What a real fun creation, many thanks for joining in with our June theme at Stamping sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my fave stamp set last summer and EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE who had birthdays last summer got a card using this stamp set. I love what you did here and I may have to duplicate it :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sherri!
      It is a fantastic set and now I'm going to go back to see how you used it in the past...I'm sure I will get some really great ideas! :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome card! Love everything about it! Thanks so much for the tutorial on the techniques you used.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doni - I really appreciate it and so excited to be featured on the challenge blog for this card! Yippee!
      Rachelle : )

      Delete
  4. I just love this card and wish I was basking in the pool right now! hehe Thanks for playing along with the Daring Cardmakers this week! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love that little pineapple float that comes in this set - it's so much fun!
      Rachelle : )

      Delete
  5. This set is on my wish list too! What a fun taste of summer your card is! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at CRAFT Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so fun! LOVE this sweet creation. So gorgeous and a lovely Summer themed creation for our challenge at Sweet Stampin' this week. Thanks for joining the fun with us. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card. I love this stamp set. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dawn! I know - this set is SO much fun...I have a couple of other ideas for upcoming cards using these great images!

      Delete
  8. A fun card, I love the wave background

    Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan - I appreciate you stopping by to comment! : )

      Delete
  9. What a fun card! Fabulous background and scene! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Dies R Us challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DIES R US
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Darlene - this one was really fun to create! :)

      Delete
  10. What a perfect summer themed card!
    Thank you so much for joining in at Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday June/July challenge where it's all about "Summer Scenes, Summer Colors or Summer Treats"!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your fun summer card! Thank you for joining the Basteltraum Challenge.
    Kind regards from stempelfrida (guest designer)
    http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete