Sunday, May 19, 2019

Birthday Card | Neat and Tangled - A Place To Start Challenge Blog - "Showcase Your Favorite Technique" - Pop-Up Shadow Box Card




Hey There!

Today I am sharing a pop-up shadow box card using the SUPER fun Neat and Tangled Stamp Set, “Jump for Joy!” 

This card measured 5” x 7” and so I started by blending a sky/cloud background on a piece of 110# white card stock of the same size using ‘Salty Ocean’ Distress Oxide Ink. I spritzed it with shimmer spray, blotted it with paper towel and put it under a heavy book to dry.

I cut one piece each of white and light blue card stock, 7” x 7”, and scored them both at .5”, 1”, 6” and 6.5”. A window was die cut from the light blue front panel using the largest size of MFT’s Elegant Rectangle Dies. The next smaller size die was used to cut another window from the center of a piece of medium blue card stock, 4.75” x 7”, and was glued behind the front window. 


To create the scene, the characters were stamped, colored and die cut. In order to give them a bit more stability, 2 additional white die cuts were glued and stacked behind the colored images. I die cut two strips of grass and lightly ink blended them for dimension. The lighter grass strip was glued directly to the back of the front window opening, the second strip to the bottom of the sky panel. A sun die cut was also glued directly to the same panel, which was then adhered to the back scored piece. The jump rope critters were glued to the front along with the embossed sentiment strip.

I wanted the little jumping bunny to be high in the sky so I suspended him using a small strip of acetate, which I taped to the inside scored fold used to create the shadow box. I used a strong liquid adhesive to glue both end tabs together and create the  pop-up mechanism when moved in and out. I just ♥ that cute bunny jumping way over the rope! The card was finished with a few flower sequins from Lucy's Little Things


I have entered this card in the following challenges:







Thanks for joining me today!
Rachelle

23 comments:

  1. Super cute! Adorable style of card for these little characters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Becca! : ) As soon as I saw this stamp set, it reminded me of the hundreds of happy hours I spent jumping rope with my sisters!

      Delete
  2. How much fun are those critters having! Just makes me smile looking at them. Great project too.
    Scarlett xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Scarlett! I agree - this set makes me smile, too! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow...what a fantastic pop up shadow box card. The little scene is so nice. Thank you for joining us at sweet stampers,
    hugs Anke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Anke - I appreciate the kind comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Adore this card and the style! Thanks for playing along with us this month at Crafty Animals. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comments, Lisa! There are so many cute critters in the challenge this month!

      Delete
  6. Absolutely adorable card. Pop and shadow box all in one, brilliant! Thank you for joining the Daisy Chains challenge this month and good luck. Michelle DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely and cute card.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rachelle, this is such and energetic project. One can feel the movement and the bright and cheery impact is immediate! Great work. This card will surely brighten someone's day!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chana! This card went to a fellow artist and animal lover who is the poster child for positivity! So it was the perfect fit! :)
      Rachelle - xoxo

      Delete
  9. Such a darling little creation with the sweetest ever critters, Rachelle! Beautifully crafted in this lovely shadowbox, it couldn't be any cuter! So glad I got to see your critter project showcased at the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge. Hope to see more of your creations in the future.
    Crafty Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the kind comments Donna! I look forward to sharing more "critter" cards on your 2 CCC challenge blog in the future!
    Rachelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've got to try this technique. They just come "alive"!! How cute. Love the scene you created!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherri - N&T images are so well drawn and fun to work with!

      Delete
  12. Hello Rachelle!
    Your card is very lovely, I adore your coloring skills! Wonderful!
    Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampers Challenge, good luck!
    Hugs Marlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Marlene! I really appreciate the comments :)

      Delete
  13. Love this card. Super Cute. Thank you for joining the challenge at Love to Craft Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing with us at Daisy Chain Challenge, hope to see you again :)

    ReplyDelete