Sunday, April 14, 2019

Mother's Day | MFT Stamps - A Place to Start Challenge Blog (3 of 5 Challenge)


Hey There!

I'm so excited to join the wonderful design team over at A Place To Start Challenge Blog, which is a great resource for newbies and seasoned crafters alike who may be looking for tips/tricks/tutorials on  all kinds of styles, techniques and design theory. My first DT submission is a "3 of 5" card featuring flowers, die cut, water color & vellum...and yes, I was an overachiever using 4 of the challenge parameters! The only item I did not use was a tag.

Using MFT Stamps' "Geometric Star Stencil", I blended a background using Distress Oxide Inks onto a piece of white card stock. This was spritzed with shimmer spray and die cut with a stitched rectangle die. I stamped MFT's "BG Fresh-Cut Flowers" onto 110# white card stock using VersaFine Onyx Black Ink in my MISTI, then water colored and fussy cut the image. I stamped Lawn Fawn's "Happy" sentiment onto the same card stock and die cut the word three times; these cuts were glued/stacked and finished with an application of Wink of Stella. I blended the same ink onto the back of a piece of vellum, flipped it over and prepped it with my anti-static tool. The sentiment was stamped onto the vellum with VersaMark ink, heat embossed with Lawn Fawn's white powder and die cut with a fishtail banner die. 


I glued the stenciled background onto the front of a side-folding A-2 card front. Using my fingers, I carefully curled the edges of the leaves and flower edges up before gluing the spray onto the background. This really helps add dimension without popping the entire image up with foam tape. Even after it goes through the mail, these areas will still be lifted from the surface. Both parts of the sentiment were adhered into place and the card was finished with iridescent jewels from Lucy's Little Things.

This floral spray is beautifully drawn and I know that I will reach for it again and again because it can be colored in so many different ways.


Thanks so much for joining me today! Head over to the blog and check out the great mid-month designs by the other design team members :)

I have entered this card into the following challenges:






Rachelle

18 comments:

  1. So beautiful, thank you for joining us at MAWTT . Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Wendy - I appreciate the comments! - Rachelle

      Delete
  2. Hi this is a stunning card it is just so pretty. Thank you for joining us at Moving Along with the Times Challenge Blog The theme this time is That Spring Feeling! Hugs Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie - spring is finally here! Yippee!

      Delete
  3. Stunning card hun. I love the stenciled background. I have loads of under used stencils. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn! I have just starting using my stencil stash recently and have now become addicted! :)

      Delete
  4. WOW I love everything about this card. Especially since its pink - my fave color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherri! Thanks a million - cool - now I know what your favorite color is! :)

      Delete
  5. Cute my fav colors!
    Very Attractive Article and very awesome.
    It really helped me ton. Please to be continued and posts like these.
    Mothers Day Is coming I will prefer you to check out my collection and wish others.
    Mothers Day Images 2019
    Regards,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much John - I appreciate you taking the time to comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!!! Pink is my favorite color! Thanks for sharing this pretty card with us at the Card Concept Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI, Rachelle, I made it! This is beautifully done and your techniques are executed to perfection! Your stenciled background really elevates the design. Lots of interest here and as always, your composition is perfect! We are so happy to have you on the team.
    HUGZ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chana - I appreciate your thoughtful comments. So HAPPY to be on the team!
      Red <3

      Delete
  9. Such a gorgeous creation with attention to detail. love everything about it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tina! Thanks so very much for your comments!

      Delete
  10. Beautiful card!!! So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful and Attractive Article and very awesome. It really helped me ton. Thanks for sharing this valuable information. Such a great work. I just amazed while seeing your content! Keep Posting like this stuff. Thanks for sharing such a knowledgeable nice information to us.www.oysmarto.website straighttalkcustomerservicephone.blogspot.comThis is very helpful info. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete