Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Birthday Card | Ellen Hutson - Stay Salty


AHOY!

Today I am sharing a clean and simple birthday card based on this layout from CAS(E) this Sketch #280. I chose this theme for a good friend who sails the East Coast and Florida panhandle now that he and his wife are retired! 


 CAS(E) this sketch! CTS #280

I die cut a white card stock panel just a bit smaller than the A-2 top folding card base. Using the Essentials by Ellen stamp/die set, “Stay Salty”, I randomly stamped the waves in Distress Oxide Ink (Salty Ocean), spritzed it with shimmer spray and then flicked diluted ink and pearlized watercolor onto the area. The sailboat image was stamped, colored, die cut and finished off with a bit of Wink of Stella. I stamped the sentiment onto the wave panel with VersaFine Ink and heat embossed it with clear powder. The wave/sentiment panel was adhered to the card base with double-sided tape and the sail boat was popped off the card with foam tape.

I really like this CTS#280 layout and sketched out several additional cards for future use - sometimes I struggle with the sketch and at other times it just clicks for me and the creative energy starts flowing! 🙂 


Be sure to check out all of the other great takes on this sketch over on the CTS blog.

Thanks for spending time with me today!

Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment